• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

help needed fast with my rabbit please help

hi, can anyone help, i have been away for the weekend and came back to my 2 rabbits which i was told was 2 boys. one of the rabbits has chunks of hair missing and there was alot of blood on her and the floor. it has a blood sack type thing hanging off her. im not sure what to do as i dont want to pull it and risk damaging her or leave it until the morning etc, please advise, thanks, worm burner

You really need to get the bunny to the vets.
Has no one been to see the bunnies all weekend?

Vets urgently. I'm confused have you got two boys or a boy and a girl. If you have a boy and a girl unneutered you may have the patter of tiny feet soon.

You really need to get the bunny to the vets.
Has no one been to see the bunnies all weekend?

hi becca my mum was down yesterday morning to water and feed them and all was ok she came down this morning and that is what she found i came straight home, i thought she was in labour but no babies have been born as yet but the sac is still there.

hi becca my mum was down yesterday morning to water and feed them and all was ok she came down this morning and that is what she found i came straight home, i thought she was in labour but no babies have been born as yet but the sac is still there.

If you believe she is pregnant she should not be keep with a male. As soon as she gives birth the male would get her pregnant again within minutes.

Where exactly is the 'blood sack' hanging from?
I would take her to vets NOW, very important to see a vet and then find out if they are male/female!

Please get her to a vet!!

thank you all for your advice i have just come back from the vets and it turned out that he was indeed a boy, the course of action is, he is staying in over night to be castrated it was not a blood sac but his testicle they were both inflamed the vet said and this was the best course of action, once again a big thank you to all of you for you help all the best adam.:love:

Phew, thank goodness that he's okay and in the right place.

Two boys can really harm each other's bits when buns fall out.

Hope he makes a full recovery.

Helen

Thank you to all who replied and your best wishes

I would like to thank you all for your advise and now he is home with us and made my children very happy. He has been castrated today and seems fine although we are now seperating them and have bought a new hutch, although he will be kept in the house for a while. Thank you for your interest and best wishes, all the best, wormburner

That's great news! I was worried too when I heard about the blood sack - I was imagining bunny boy bits half bitten off, *shudder*.

Glad bun is ok.

Glad he is ok. I would get the other castrated too if I were you. They might even be able to live together then as there will be less testosterone flying around. I have seen castrated males that live together fine. Advice says never to pair 2 females - an even worse combination than 2 males and mine get along fine so it might be worth a shot.

Back