• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Difficult situation

AJ77

New Kit
Hi,

I'm not quite sure what to do...

A friend today offered me two baby bunnies, I already have one. I'm not allowed another one as I know he should have a girlfrind, anyway I turned the kind offer down but have spare hutch since my rabbit got upgrade to his hutch. I can't get the the bunnies out of my mind now, they are being offered round the local pub as owner is looking for homes for them....

I could in theory foster them as I could take them in get there jabs done as my rabbit won a competition so money to look after them it not a issue not sure my landlady would agree through..

Any advice welcome

Have the babies been sexed by a vet? If they are the same sex they will start fighting as soon as the homones kick in. Then you will have to get them neutered and keep them separated for about six weeks until their hormones die down. If they are a boy and a girl you will end up with babies. Is your own bunny castrated? Additionally, please ask for your landlady's permission before taking them on.

Thanks for the help, I'm going to point the owner towards the local vets and rabbit rescue centres.

My bunny has been done, he was acting up once the horomones kicked in.

Back