• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

cleaner

biscandmatt1

Wise Old Thumper
my rabbits have had mites. they're on there last spot on treatment on saturday.
i need to treat the carpet where their nic cage is but i don't know what to use. also, we have seen quite a few ants in the lounge recently near the buns cage and i need something to deter them aswell.
i bought johnsons cage and hutch spray ages ago to treat an old cage and i have used this outside the patio door and front door to deter the ants but obviously i can't use this inside as it's really strong.
i can't put wooden flooring down as we are renting so we are stuck with the carpet.
i am getting a piece of plywood and covering it with those self adhesive tiles so that will be better to clean but that will still be placed on the carpet and i'm guessing ants and mites could still get underneath.
i though maybe i could put those little castor wheels on the bottom of the plywood so i can wheel it away and hoover the carpet underneath.
anyone know what i could use?
also, i used to use a normal hutch spray cleaner and it made the buns breathing bad (they have snuffles) so since that i have always used fairy liquid to clean eveything and rinsed it thoroughly. i don't know if this would deter ants though.

I only use white vinegar to clean around my bunny. It is safe,neutralizes pee smell and is a mild disinfectant. It is great to deter ants but I don't know about mites.

i'm going to sound thick now but you mean the white vinegar sprays you can get, or actually white vinegar that you dilute with water? what's the ratio of vinegar and water and do you scrub the areas with that and then water after and leave to dry?

aslong as it gets rid of ants that's great. buns mites have gone now according to the vet, they're just having one last spot on to make 100% sure. i just wanted to thoroughly clean aswell.

Back