• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Neutering...

tomcat

Young Bun
Hi Guys

How much did it cost you to get your rabbits neutured?

I know the price varies from place to place, so i made this thread to find out the average cot and what i could expect to pay.

My vet charges £70 for male and a tad more for a female. This is in East London. :wave:

my vet female spay=68 pounds... male castrate £48 however this includes the pre op check and pain relief a gut stimulant and so far 4 post op checks... any other medications ie extra pain relief and antibiotics due to complications are extra....

mums vet gloucester: 100 female spay..... 68 male castrate....
my old vets in slough= 98 female spay and 65 male neuter. x

Our local one charges £120 for a female and £80 for a male. One 5 miles down the road charges £45 for male and £55 for female.

the more important factor(than money) is a rabbit savvy vet this lessens the risk of any complications adn you will get better care any vet who tells you your rabbit should be starved before the op is a rubbish rabbit vet and should not do the op as buns cannot be sick and in actual fact if they arent eating right up to and asap after op they can have more complications due to sensitive digestive tract.. whats your location prehaps someone on here can reccomend a good vet?x

A good idea may be to see if there is a rabbit rescue nearish to you that can recommend their vet? the one a rescue uses to neuter their buns is likely to be more experienced and in my mind, if it costs a bit more, its worth it!

I had my 2 boys neutered last week. It cost £15 each. :shock: Which included pain killers and a post op phone call. My boys recovered really well and didn't have any problems. The vets are in Goodmayes, Essex.

have a look at the PVC clinic in coventry. They have a very good vet there called rebecca (ask for her specifically if you use the vet). They are about £35 - £40 for a spay/castration which is reasonable for the area.

Back