• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Vibes for Buster u/d shes gone

*fluffybunny*

Warren Scout
Hi All,

My poor Buster has been admitted tonight to the vets and I have been warned that she may not make it through the night.
She has E.C but has lived with it for the last 5 or so years and is panacured regularly. But just lately she has been having dental problems and has had to have her teeth burred every 8 weeks or so.
She had her last dental last week and it was a pretty bad one as she had ulcers.
She seemed to pick up after the sedative (my vet doesn't use full G.A) but last night went very quiet, this morning she had wet all down herself and her back legs were floppy. I took her to the vets and she thinks she's had a bad E.C outbreak or a stroke and her guts have all but stopped and shes weakening. She wanted me to leave her with her so i did on her advice though i really wanted her home and she said they will give her panacur, a drip and anti-biotics and hope she makes it through the night though i have been warned this may be too much for her. I am so numb at the moment i can't stop crying and feel sick, my boss has given me tomorrow off which was nice and the vet will ring in the morning.
Please can i ask for vibes for buster and any advice from any vets that come on here? My bust has also overcome uterine cancer 12 months ago and is such a little fighter.

Thanks,

Pen x

Last edited:
Oh I am sorry that Buster is so poorly :cry:
Sending lots of vibes for her. I can fully understand how upset you are :cry:

xx

:cry::(:cry:awww same name as my passed on boy:(:cry::(

!!!!!!!VIBES AND HUGS!!!!!!to you and your bun bun that all goes well!:wave::D:)

Lots of hugs and sympathy. I really hope Buster pulls through. I'm only a vet student and not yet nearly qualified, but i am sure she's in the best place. The fluids will do her good and she can get lots of monitoring so you can hopefully get a little rest tonight - i know thats hard, but you have done everything you can, and you will need your energy tomorrow. If she's pulled through uterine cancer then she is clearly a fighter. ATB xxx

Sending tons of vibes for Buster. She sounds like a real fighter, i hope she pulls through. Thinking of you both xXx

Thanks guys,

Ive just spoke to the nurse and she made it through the night but theres no change, she hasn't eaten on her own or passed any poos. She said the vet will ring when she gets in, ive offered to take some veg and her favourite teddy rabbit friend to her. I will keep you all updated, i'm so upset i really am not coping, she means the world to me my poor baby.
My other bun sooty is also very upset and is hardly eating, i shall syringe feed him if it carries on, they do not live together but next to each other in the lounge and play together when there both out, he loves her to bits but sometimes mounts her and as shes old and hes very young it wouldn't be fair to house them together.

Pen x

My other bun sooty is also very upset and is hardly eating, i shall syringe feed him if it carries on, they do not live together but next to each other in the lounge and play together when there both out, he loves her to bits but sometimes mounts her and as shes old and hes very young it wouldn't be fair to house them together.

Pen x

I hope that Buster gets better. Sending loads of vibes x x x

Perhaps, you should consider taking Sooty to the vets if he is still not eating, as rabbits go downhill fast. Has Sooty been castrated?

Aw, poor little Buster. I too can fully understand how upset you are :(

Try to keep the faith. She sounds like a little fighter - you never know, she might just surprise you!

Lots and lots and lots of vibes from us.

xx

Thanks everyone,

Yes sooty has been neutered hun.
Ive just spoke to the vet and she said she had her out and doesn't seem to be dragging her legs as much and has bit through her drip!
She still hasn't pooped or eaten on her own but she said shes best at home as shes seems stronger and may eat at home, she gave her gut stimulants, panacur and baytril and syringe fed her so fingers crossed, im going to get her in a bit, i'll update you all then and again thank you to everyone.

Hi guys,

Got her home, the nurse said she still hadn't pooped but was hopeing that once she was home she may eat on her own she may do some poops.
As soon as i opened her carrier door when i got in she ran out but then got disorientated and looked lost. I gave her some parsley cookie (her favourite) and she took it but seems to be struggling to chew, the vet said its her brain, she can't co-ordinate properly. I know its not her teeth as they were done just last week. She also keeps flopping to her left side, but shes still fighting, shes trying to eat a bit of hay but then forgets what shes doing and lies down again. The vet said to keep syringe feeding her mushed up pellets and ive got to give her baytril, metacam and panaucr and see how she is tomorrow, ive made an appointment for tomorrow afternoon.
Thanks for all your support, it really is helping, i'll keep you updated. Oh and Sooty was pleased to see her, he had something to eat!

Thanks,

Pen x

Over the past hour shes gone very quiet, shes just lying there :( Ive just gave her some more panacur but she just didn't want to swallow it, then she wet all down me, the poor thing, i really don't think theres anymore i can do.
I'm praying she picks up, i will give her some metacam and baytril later on.
Please pray for her :cry:

Back