• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Nose Rubs

twobunnies&apony

Alpha Buck
I'm sorry if this is a stupid question but please can someone explain to me exactly where bunnies like their noses rubbed? Is it just the little button bit at the end or is it all the way down the face to the button? Should I rub firmly or gently? Olive rarely seems to like any form of rubbing, or at least she seems indifferent. Grace seems to like it, I think. She pushes her head upwards towards my hand. (Olive sometimes does this but I think generally she is too busy dashing off somewhere and is a bit more wary.) I have taken this (going back to Grace) to mean 'don't stop'. Have I got at least that bit right or is this bunny body language for 'go away you're annoying me mum'?

All buns are different. :) Alfie loves nose rubs, but not on the button part of his nose - I suppose it's more like a long stroke from just above his nose, between his eyes and up to the top of his head.

It sound as though Grace likes it; Alfie does the same thing with his head if I stop too soon. Bubbles isn't too keen on nose rubs and usually nudges me quite hard with her head and that's more of a sign to stop.

Have you tried rubbing their cheeks as well? Sort of from the nose, along underneath the eye? Alfie loves that more than nose rubs and just sort of melts into the floor :love: but you'll soon know if they don't like it. ;)

Lola loves her HEAD rubs! There is no where she does not like, she is a bit thick though and sits there for about 10 seconds after I have stopped rubbing her and the realises it has stopped and then starts nudging and licking for more head rubs.

Apparently buns dont like their belly rubbing but Lola loves it. She loves her cheeks rubbing and the inside of her ears and under her bottom jaw!

snowball aint fussed about nose rubs... infact with his sneezin he sneezes if u touch it lol... but he likes bein rubbed between his eyes... on his cheeks... his ears been stroked... and his tummy rubbed... and full strokes all the way down from his head to bum... lol he likes fusses... gotta go try n get medicine down his throat and flee spray him... should be fun

Back