• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Nick is so lonely U/D, she's coming home!!!!!!!

CarmenCole

Mama Doe
Hi :wave:

I'm kinda stuck in a situation here that may mean I either break a little boy's heart, or get another bun (which we really dont have room for), or make a short term bond, only to break it in April, which might backfire.

Nicholas has worked through a very defined grieving process, he was so sad for weeks after Maggie went. He just sat and moped around. Then, he attached himself to me, followed me everywhere and got quite possesive. Now, I can see how he is desperately missing the company of a lady bun. He seems to be sinking into depression, he hardly ever comes out of his house, but the door is open all day. He is always grooming the toy bunny I gave him when Maggie died, and never really leaves it alone, so I know he is lonely.

We have a doe (Miffy) coming to us in April, ready to be bonded with him in time for them to set up home out in the garden again. My sister in law has that bunny, and I know her son adores Miffy.
I also have a foster bun, who is a single doe. But what if I make this bond, and they all break their hearts when I break it in spring, or if she gets adopted?

Last edited:
It wouldn't be fair on either rabbit to bond them then split them. Why can't you get Miffy early and your sister in law could always tell her son that Miffy was lonely and that she needed another bunny friend and that he could come and see her whenever he wants. After a couple of weeks he will probably have forgotten all about her:D

That is what I am thinking! :)

I'm going to call my SIL tonight and have a chat about it. She has said that she worries about Miffy being lonely, and she was stuck up in a spare room in a tiny cage when I rescued her, so i think she would absolutely love to have the gorgeous Nick in her life.

I know a short term bond would be far from ideal, it was one of the many ideas flying around in my head, it's heartbreaking watching him just lying around all day.

Thanks, I'm going to call her.

Oh my goodness I almost cried reading this - poor Nick awwww :(

I hope it all works out well for the buns - please let us know how it goes - good luck xx

Okay, I've just called and caught my MIL in. My SIL has been in London for a week, so I really hope Miffy has been taken care of! :shock: MIL is a headteacher, and is in work right through the hols, or off at the gym/ski holidays etc and NOT an animal person. Now I'm worried about Miffy. :?

Have I missed something? How come you're not getting this bun until April? I don't understand why it would break the little boy's heart if he came now but not in April :?

Have I missed something? How come you're not getting this bun until April? I don't understand why it would break the little boy's heart if he came now but not in April :?

He's going back to his home in the US in May. They have been here for the year, and my SIL wanted to get a pet while they were here, and I rescued Miffy the week they arrived in the UK.

So, she was going to have Miffy till then, and I was going to bond my 4, so I could add her into a group of 5.

Of course, the best laid plans and all that... :roll: My 2 bucks fought and I had to call a halt to bonding a group, and kept 2 pairs. but Nick's wife died, and he is alone now, so Miffy was going to come in spring so they could be bonded outside. :)

I've finally managed to get hold of my SIL, she is coming back tomorrow evening. She says Seb's not really interested in Miffy any more, but she has been taking good care of her, with my MIL.

She is happy for me to take her earlier than planned, and says I can come and get her tomorrow. So tomorrow night, I will be bonding!

Wish me luck please! :D

Back