• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

2 Rex Buns, Warrington: UPDATE Bun run needed

Madmoo

Alpha Buck
I have been in touch with a lady in Warrington, Cheshire who needs to rehome two Rex rabbits. One grey (female), one black (male).

They are 7mths old.

Not neutered or spayed and are being kept together, as they always have been. (Not sure why there hasn't been a litter yet - may have been mis-sexed).

Both have lovely temperament, been handled by children and play with the lady's cats.

This lady has had them together since she got them and is not in a position to separate them. She is rehoming them due to her ill-health.

I have only had the above brief details, so if anyone is interested and requires any further info, or any local rescue can help then please get in touch with me.

Will be adding pics asap.

Last edited:
I live across sea's, so I can't exactly take them in, but I'm wishing you and the buns lck on finding a forever home. I'm sure they are beautiful. Do you have any pictures? :oops: I'm overly eager to see them. :D

About the female/male thing. Unless the boy had a split private part, or one of them has an illness that impairs the reproductive system, they must be of the same sex. Maybe take them to the vet for a gender check? Good luck! :wave:

Anna

I have posted on your other post saying I could take them if they were in danger but I have since seen them free to a good home on preloved. Please dont let them go to just anyone especially with being free :(

I live across sea's, so I can't exactly take them in, but I'm wishing you and the buns lck on finding a forever home. I'm sure they are beautiful. Do you have any pictures? :oops: I'm overly eager to see them. :D

About the female/male thing. Unless the boy had a split private part, or one of them has an illness that impairs the reproductive system, they must be of the same sex. Maybe take them to the vet for a gender check? Good luck! :wave:

Anna

Not necessarily - I have taken in 6 & 7 month old buns kept together of opposite sex. Some buns don't get as hormonal as others early on - it's a time bomb, but if they are already bonded they might not hump immediately. You would never recommend it obviously, but sometimes you get lucky.

Not necessarily - I have taken in 6 & 7 month old buns kept together of opposite sex. Some buns don't get as hormonal as others early on - it's a time bomb, but if they are already bonded they might not hump immediately. You would never recommend it obviously, but sometimes you get lucky.

I have an 8 month old male/female pair here who were kept together and never had a litter. Personally though I think they were too undernourished to manage it :(.

I have posted on the other thread if someone can take them till mid Jan then I will then have space in rescue for them:D

Hi All

Have had great response for these lovely buns so I would just like to say a big 'thanks' to all those who offered their help. I seen them advertised on Preloved and couldn't bear to think of where they may end up.

Lisa (Wiggle) has kindly offered them a forever loving home but she does not drive. Therefore, we are looking at getting them from Warrington, Cheshire to Rugeley, Staffordshire (which my trusty google maps tells me is approx 62 miles).

I am trying to get hold of the lady who has the buns to see if she can transport them herself but thought that I would put out a request in the meantime just in case.

If anyone can help then please let me know.

I can definately help with the Warrington/m6 part of the run, or the whole way at a push but not Monday or Wednesday.

Back