• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can two females live happily together?

~ Cat ~

Wise Old Thumper
Do they have to be different sexes? my same sex cats get on better than the male/female ones/

Just wondering?

I've got 2 girls daisy and maisy they are sisters and have lived together all there lives they re 4 now and they have never fallen out :D

Well if they're both speyed..it should work right? Not sure though.

Our two little ones (6 months old) are sisters and they were fine up until last week. They were speyed and within a week all hell broke loose. We're on the verge of splitting them completely just now, although they'll still be able to see each other in the garden there'll just be a fence in the way.

I hope they settle down and start getting on again as it's a bit of a nightmare! Their fights are pretty vicious.

Mixed sex pairs are usually far easier to pair up than same sex pairs. I have done a number of same sexed pairs with about a 60:40 success : fail rate. A lot depends on their character to whether they succeed or not.

I find injury wise there are less with male : female than same sex.

Obviously if they are put together at a very younger age the success rate is a lot higher. Hormonal ones, particuarly not speyed ones are most likely to fail.

My friend has 2 unspayed females they are i think about 5 yrs old and they have never fought i think it depends on the rabbits :)

If I get my doe spayed, can I introduce a buck that has been neutered? I worry that she will be lonely :(

My Ronnie and Red are not related and apart from the normal nipping at the beginning they are now good friends. They lived togeter for 7 months before being neutered too.:)

Our two troublemakers were split up all day and I brought them in tonight and put some hay down for them. They're best of pals again.......

DSCF4592%20(Small).JPG

For Now!!

Back