• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Old Bunny in a new house

Doodle Bug

New Kit
Well been a few day since Marble passed away and Fluff is still in their old home, which is a converted dog cage in a seperate room. But now she's on her own we've bought her a smaller cage so she can be in the same room as us, which should be here tomorrow.
I was just thinking though, will she be sadder that her new house won't small of him? is it best to leave her where she is? i'm so confused i don't no what to do for the best. She certainly seems unhappy at the mo but i think she's pining for him.

Hiya,

It might be an idea to stagger the move eg put the new cage in the old room so that she can investigate it while she's out and start it smelling of her. Also bring her into the new room (bring her litter tray too) for a little while each day so she can get used to that.

That way it's not too much of a sudden change :)

A teddy to snuggle up to can help bunnies that have lost a partner too.

Tamsin

Thanks Tasmin, It arrived this morning so i put the bottom in her area with some veggies and she jumped straight in and went to sleep, must be a good sign, her dad has also got a supply of brand new toys.

Back