• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

scared

simonsmybunny

Warren Scout
ok so i went to the vets and they said that simon doesnt need to have his "plums done" unless his bhv changes. He is now 11months old and when people come over he keeps circling there feet and getting rather too freindly. Today something weird happened.....my sister bf picked him up and his willy came out. I have never seen this before. He never does this to me or my OH only strangers. I feel embarresed and shocked my little baby did that. Does this mean the time has come. Im going to phone the vets tomorrow first thing and book him in, just wanted to check with u guys first.
Im in sever shock :shock::shock:

Yep, perfectly normal behaviour :) I would suggest getting all boy bunnies done even if they don't display 'inappropriate' behaviour like spraying...it helps them to feel less frustrated with life in general. But it sounds as if your little chap is feeling frisky so I would definitely go ahead with the op...although if your vet doesn't recommend it as normal routine practice I might be inclined to ring around a few other vets first - your vet might not do many of them and personally I'd be happier with a vet that is more familiar with doing ops on buns. It's a really quick and straightforward op, literally only a few minutes long so he should sail through it.

Whenever I have a neuter done I always ask the vet to check their teeth too - the only time a vet can get a really good look at the back teeth is while a bun is under anaesthetic anyway so might as well take 30 seconds to have a look - that means if there are any problems starting they can deal with them quickly there and then, instead of risking letting them get bigger and maybe needing another anaesthetic later.

Last edited:
with companion care. i have been recomended them by many pple, it wasnt the vet tom i saw it was the nurse.....ill email tom he has dealt with many of my pets before and i trust him completly.
Im still shocked he did what he did

Was gonna say a lot of people recc them :?

I use Cedar Vets, they are also fantastic and everyone who works there seems to be rabbit savvy. I take my lot to the Ringwood branch where they do the operations but Ferndown is really nearer me as I'm near Castlepoint.

They have an animal abulance and will pick up and drop back off to your house too :D

Trying hard to remember how much Stitch's op came too :oops: It was only 3 weeks ago :lol: I think they charge £50, that includes the op, aftercare, gut mobility and metacam to take home. It includes an overnight stay too should he need it. I would also imagine the ambulance is free. Just a thought for you incase anyone else at your vets says anything you dont like.

Oh and the myxi is £12.50 VHD £10.

thanks! i just paid 35 quid for both jabs. My vets appear well savvy ive been there twice with Simon, only for check ups and saw both times other rabbits there. A friend i know who breeds and cares for rabbits at southern aquatics recomended them. The receptonist and everyone were LOVELY....ill speak to them tommorrow if they disagree atleast i have another name...thanks alot

Humm, is rather embarressing :oops: poor simon....

I had captian castrated because he was humping like mad and marking everywhere, simons behaviour doesn't sound as rude as cpatains,but i think id go for the op. If I was to have another boy i would have him castrated anyway just because it stops these urges that must be very frustrating, after all rabbits are natural breeders and generally if they had their way would be at it all the time!

So even if a bun isn't directing his 'affections' on to me, i still believe that they would probably be quite a frustrated boy!

Was gonna say a lot of people recc them :?

I use Cedar Vets, they are also fantastic and everyone who works there seems to be rabbit savvy. I take my lot to the Ringwood branch where they do the operations but Ferndown is really nearer me as I'm near Castlepoint.

They have an animal abulance and will pick up and drop back off to your house too :D

Trying hard to remember how much Stitch's op came too :oops: It was only 3 weeks ago :lol: I think they charge £50, that includes the op, aftercare, gut mobility and metacam to take home. It includes an overnight stay too should he need it. I would also imagine the ambulance is free. Just a thought for you incase anyone else at your vets says anything you dont like.

Oh and the myxi is £12.50 VHD £10.

Yor Vets sounds amazing! I wish was something like that in Leicester! I am going to be paying £40 soon for my buns jabs, and that was the lowest price after calling 5 other surgeries!

Ok UPDATE...
Called vets, he suggested very much to have him done and was confused as to why the nurse didnt suggest so (he explained she was new :roll:)
He was SO lovely, and booked in for monday.....he started laughing when i told him what he was doing and how upset i was. :lol: he said not to worry and to prehaps keep other people away if they were encouraging this behavoir until Monday when he goes in. Im worried but know he is in the best hands this vet has saved both my cats and my dog so i trust him 100000% to do an amazing job. I just hope Simon doesnt hate me for it. I think he is aware something is going on...he is in a hump with me today....:lol:
They have asked me to go in early in the morning so they can explain everything.....
p.s and its only 45 pounds :) for everything.....which is apparently quite reasonably

:D Good luck and he'll be fine :D

Arnie and Stitch both recovered really quickly and it's you who has got to have the will power to keep him on bed rest for a couple of days as he'll prob want to come out :lol:

Back