• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Having accident in new home..

mrshorsy

Warren Scout
Well Gwen moved in with us yesterday I set her dog crate up and put her in a new litter tray as shes got room for a bigger one now. I also put in an old towel for her to snuggle up too.
When I came down this morning she had used her litter tray a tiny bit but had mainly wee'd all over the towel!!! Shes never had an accident before even in her hutch it was always in her litter tray do you think its the stress of moving to a new home??

It probably is that - Gregory sometimes had accidents when he's been through something stressful (thus expecting soem this weekend!) - can you put the litter tray in the spot where she has weed?
Hope she starts doing it in her tray soon!

She may also be wanting to establish this as her territory so is weeing to mark it all as hers. Having said that, if ever I put something cosy like a towel, cat bed or vetbed anywhere in the vicinity of mine, they always wee on it :roll:

I've taken the towel out to wash and was gonna put a new one in do you thin I should just leave it out for a few nights?
The crate did come with a really snuggly fleecy pad but she just attacked that so I had to take it out and I've stuck vinyl tiles to the metal base of the crate but it just seem so cold after her snuggly hutch!!!

Back