• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lara and Dermot

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
MeandafewBuns423.jpg

MeandafewBuns420.jpg

Lara (Orange Mini Rex) is now displaying worrying 'Rex Heart problems' symptoms :cry:
She has always been the care-giver to terminally ill Buns. Now I fear it is her turn to need support..........

MeandafewBuns422.jpg

MeandafewBuns426.jpg

Lara is so gentle and I love her very much

Aww, Jane I did not expect to read that when I opened it. She is beautiful and Dermot is rather handsome too.:love::love:

Oh Jane Lara is absolutely stunning - she is such a pretty little girl with gorgeous girlie eyelashes :love::love::love: Dermot is one very handsome bun - I so hope Lara will be ok xxx

Lara and Dermot are stunning bunnies:love::love::love:How old is Lara and sorry for being stupid but what are the symptoms of a bunny with heart problems?

Lara and Dermot are stunning bunnies:love::love::love:How old is Lara and sorry for being stupid but what are the symptoms of a bunny with heart problems?

I dont know exactly how old Lara is as she is a Rescue. We estimate that she is about 6 now.

The symptoms she has are dysponea (laboured breathing), weight-loss, cardiac arrythmia and polydypsia (drinking a lot).
I have seen the scenario time and again in Rexes...........:cry:

She is on some treatment and I am monitoring her closely.

I dont know exactly how old Lara is as she is a Rescue. We estimate that she is about 6 now.

The symptoms she has are dysponea (laboured breathing), weight-loss, cardiac arrythmia and polydypsia (drinking a lot).
I have seen the scenario time and again in Rexes...........:cry:

She is on some treatment and I am monitoring her closely.

Thank you Jane Is the condition manageable if she has the proper medication?Sorry for all the questions I'm just interested

Thank you Jane Is the condition manageable if she has the proper medication?Sorry for all the questions I'm just interested

The 'Cardiac Rexes' I have had have been managed on diuretics and anti-hypertensives plus antibiotcs if secondary infection is present. The treatment does not cure the Bun but it does buy them more time.
So far I have lost five Rexes to Heart Disease :cry:

The 'Cardiac Rexes' I have had have been managed on diuretics and anti-hypertensives plus antibiotcs if secondary infection is present. The treatment does not cure the Bun but it does buy them more time.
So far I have lost five Rexes to Heart Disease :cry:

Im sorry Jane,Rexes seem to be very delicate bunnies.I hope that you can keep Lara stable,shes a beautiful girl.

Awww, Lara looks such a sweet girl. I'm so sorry to hear about the heart problems :( and hopefully the medication will keep her comfortable for as long as possible.

Back