• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Really Sad

wendle

Warren Veteran
my 2 bunnys have been fightin again and my little chocolate 1 has come off worse yet again another trip to the vets, i only had them both spayed 2 weeks ago and they have been fantastic, they had a little tussle 4 weeks ago lilly ended up with a torn ear, now she has a big chunk out of her back, i had to put 1 in the cage and the the other is sat at the side and i darent for the life of me let them together now i didnt want this to happen its really sad when they fight :eek:(

My 2 bun took 6 mth. to bond, in btwn. there were some really angry fights btwn. the 2. The important thing is, are yours 1 male + 1 female? If so, take them to a neutral territory like your backyard, about 20 min. per day, and introduce them.

If they fight too much in that 20 min., separate them

Other than the 20 min., make sure they lives in separate room

They are both female (sisters) they been together for 6 months now an my little grey 1 is in the cage and the brown 1 is at the side of it in her litter pan i cant let them together again i dont like them fightin its really upset me this time :cry:

I personally would not put them together while they have wounds from fighting but wait for them both to heal before reintroducing on neutral territory.

Were they bonded before they spey? Did they go into one cage after coming round from the anaesthetic or were they in two cages?

It is really important they are bonded in neutral territory for short supervised periods each day-preferably in a smallish space(like a kitchen) where you could easily intervene if things got nasty.
Hopefully there will be some experienced bonders on here soon-good luck-Sue:wave:

You should wait at least a month after their ops to bond them - preferably 6 weeks really.

They still have a lot of hormones. As someone else said here, female buns can be particuarly territoral, so always pick a neutral zone to start them off, and always expect some fighting and fluff. seperate them only if it becomes nasty. Try to do longer bonding sessions like a whole day. Some prefer to do 48-72 hour sessions and not go to bed, but like me I won't be able to do that so would stick to longer day sessions.

aw my two girls faught and ted had to get stitches, one is now spayed and ted is going in on monday,i'm hoping that i will be able to bond them, could you leave them into a rescue centre that could bond them for you? it's scary seeing them going at each other. i hope they settle down soon for you. x

JRN1310 is brilliant at bonding. Perhaps send her a message? She bonded my two rescue rabbits and does it every weekend. Hope you get sorted.

I got them both together at 10 weeks old they been together ever since, they both went to be spayed together came out in same cage together if one has to go to vets i take them both they have never been apart since i got them :cry: They are still together now its just that 1 is in the cage and the other is sat outside it, i keep swapping them over every hour and they havent attempted to fight thru the bars of the cage :cry:

Angie65 has offered to help me make them friends again when they have settled after there spay we live quite near each other i wouldnt dare watch now good job my o/h was here this morning :cry:

Angie65 has offered to help me make them friends again when they have settled after there spay we live quite near each other i wouldnt dare watch now good job my o/h was here this morning :cry:

glad this is sorted angie is a good bonder ! :) i did reply to your pm sorry it wasnt so quick! x

Back