• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Wispa the Lionhead..

Isis

Mama Doe
This is my 9 and a half week old Lionhead Wispa.

photo0043eru5.jpg

I have a few question's.

As he is white and very fluffy, is there a comb or a brush that people would recommend using to keep his fur looking good?

The other question is how do I keep his bum looking clean? Never had this problem with Hazel.

aawwww what a cutie!!! :love::love:
With regards grooming.. my 3 in my signature are fluffy like your Wispa and i use a cat flea comb, the metal type, and also for Simba and Nala i use a similar comb but the metal teeth are alternating long and short, cant remember what its called. I didnt find a brush helpful at all at getting rid of any knots. You can get slicker brushes for rabbits which are metal teethed brushes, ive never used one of those as they look quite harsh, but they may be ok too. You need to be very careful grooming as their skin is quite thin so can be torn easily if not done gently.
does he mess his bottom or is it just mucky with urine and the odd poo stuck in fur? If he is doing alot of wet poo which is stuck in his fur then its his diet that may need altering slightly to improve this. If its just normal stuff thats just messing his fur, personally i dont clean my bunnies' bottoms if they are a bit yellow. I do comb out any dry poo that is tangled when i groom them. If wispa is getting really messy you could gently trim his bottom if his fur is long, you should use grooming scissors that have rounded ends. I use a comb to comb the fur and cut beside the scissors so i know i wont catch any skin. Hope that helps. Feel free to pm me if you need more info ;)

Thank you for the advise, that does really help. He gets a lot of dry poo stuck to him and the odd yellow wee patch.

He is very friendly, doesn't mind me picking him up and giving him a cuddle. Which is nice.

Back