• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Edward & Frosty beeps

drpengie

Wise Old Thumper
I went to collect 2 new beeps today - Edward & Frosty. At the place where I got them the man had some love birds. Unfortunately Edward escaped as we were putting him in a box for transporting and one of the nasty love birds nipped his leg clean off! So this morning he has 2 legs - now he only has 1 and a stump! :cry: :cry: The man wanted me to swap him for one with 2 legs but I would not hear of it. Felt it was my fault that he'd escaped. He seems to be coping well though! Has a lovely song :)

Here he is with his stump!
Edward0510083.jpg

This is his girl Frosty :) - sorry it's a bit out of focus.
Frosty051008.jpg

awh poor buy. Isnt his leg sore??

they are super pretty :love:

Luckily (or not - depending on how you look at it) he had it nipped off at the joint, so there was no blood. I'm guessing it's sore, but I'm not sure if they feel the same pain as you or I would do. I certainly wouln't be chirpy if someone took my calf away! :shock:

Luckily (or not - depending on how you look at it) he had it nipped off at the joint, so there was no blood. I'm guessing it's sore, but I'm not sure if they feel the same pain as you or I would do. I certainly wouln't be chirpy if someone took my calf away! :shock:

awh bless him!! :shock:
:love:

Its good that you wanted him even with a missing leg, some people would gladly exchange one for that :(
They're lovely though :love:

Its good that you wanted him even with a missing leg, some people would gladly exchange one for that :(
They're lovely though :love:

I always end up with the ones that are injured. I had one called Snowy who couldn't fly and lived in the bottom of the aviary, I have one called Stanley who falls at every given opportunity as he is not good at flying, and also Tufty who when I got him had hardly any feathers on his head :cry:

I could never have changed him for another one. He is just so lovely. He rules the aviary at the moment - he has nabbed the best nest for himself that has loads of bedding material in it. He bites everyone that comes near him! Also he sings for Britain, so he must be happy :)

Back