• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fix or Foe

IvoryAngel

New Kit
Jean Pierre' is about 6mths old the lady that we got him from said. I read a few things that indicated we should probably get him a friend. They are going to be full time house bunnies. I may on ocassion let them frolic outside but for most part inside.

His cage seemed big but now that he is in it with all his household items it seems kinda small so I imagine we will only use it for eating, potting, and sleeping. Is there a recommended amount of space they should have.

And I dont want lil ones running around so do I get another boy or do I get a girlie and fix one of them??

:D

I'm sure you'll get some other, better answers, but from what I know, you should have a cage with the spce of 6x2x2 in feet.

Also, I heard that males and females get along better with eachother than males with males, or females with females. If you do get too males or two females, you'll want to spay/neuter them both. If you don't, you'll end up with two upset buns, that fight with eachother. Oh, and if you don't spay your doe, she would have an (I think) 80% chance of getting uterine cancer.

Best of luck with your buns!

I'm sure you'll get some other, better answers, but from what I know, you should have a cage with the spce of 6x2x2 in feet.

Also, I heard that males and females get along better with eachother than males with males, or females with females. If you do get too males or two females, you'll want to spay/neuter them both. If you don't, you'll end up with two upset buns, that fight with eachother. Oh, and if you don't spay your doe, she would have an (I think) 80% chance of getting uterine cancer.

Best of luck with your buns!

I can't do much better than that :wave:

Personally I would neuter any animal I brought into my household, whether it was getting a friend or not. Being marked by a bunny is not fun for anyone, and having one hormonal bunny and one altered bunny isn't fun for the buns.

fix the both of them, i've got two girls and tried putting them together. lasted 2 weeks and ted ended up in the vets, their seperated till i get them spayed.

How big the cage needs to be depends on how much time they will be confined to it. If they are allowed out all the time then it doesn't really matter :)

I also agree on getting them both fixed. If he is not fixed he will likely fight with another guy, and drive a girlie crazy (even if she is spayed), by humping her senseless. Girls can be territorial so having her spayed should erase that issue, and also any frustration that she might have with him not making her babies.

If you go to a rescue when your guy is neutered then he could ahve some bunny dates and find the perfect bun, and the chances are that the rescue centre will spay her for you.

Back