• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Close bonds in large groups

Lynne18

Warren Scout
Pair bonds sound really close and loving. Are loving bonds possible in larger groups or are the relationships more spread evenly throughout the group? I would really like to see close bonding within my group.:love:

Pair bonds sound really close and loving. Are loving bonds possible in larger groups or are the relationships more spread evenly throughout the group? I would really like to see close bonding within my group.:love:

It really depends on their temprements. Sometimes 3 works out well, othertimes one is left out. When bonding groups people need to be aware that it can upset the relationship of the initital pair.

Thank you for your reply. My large group is down to my niavity at believing the pet shop that I had three girls.:oops: It's a large family group, slightly seperated (am waiting for the boys to be neutered), with another female who is the sister of Rose:)oops:dad). Dad been rehomed. Will it be easier as they are family? (Sister sledge just jumped into my head:D.)

My group is large and the bonding is definitely less intense than I'd expect in a bonded pair. Not much grooming, if any (except for Fairytale who will groom anything that moves). But each bun seems to have one-three pals they tend to hang out with. The sub groups shift slightly but overall it's pretty stable.

It won't necessarily be easier because they are a family because they probably won't recognise they are a family.

I have a trio that works excellently (one rabbit is a bit of a loner by nature, one is a bit of a whirlwind and one like to play with the whirlwind but also retire with the loner bun. They have the perfect dynamic), and I have a quad that also works really well too, even though it started off first as a pair, then a trio, then a quad (and who knows, maybe more in the future).

The only large groups (3+) I would feel happy with are 'family groups'. But
personally I dont think its possible to monitor the health and welfare of any large group of Buns so I only keep them in bonded pairs

:)

hiya tinsel can you tell me what your large group consists of as i am going to be attempting to bond a group of six at the weekend am very nervous about it and about breaking up exsiting bonds as it is two mixed pairs and two lone buns doe and buck all neutered but not sure whther to bond the two lone ones first then bond all together or to just try and bond all together. Have been debating this bond for a long time as my two mixed pairs are fairly close and have been together for over two years seeing and being able to smell each other and just amnt sure of what going to happen as id hate to make them all miserable but if it worked they would have so much more room and plenty of places to hide from each other but i guess i like to see the close bonds within a couple too and am not sure of how it will end up if it even works at all.

any advice would be good nearer the time as i think ill be on here alot asking all you experienced group bonders your advice again.

gill:wave:

Back