• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Neglected Bunny (now rescued)-bonding advice please.

Plio77

Young Bun
Hello everyone:wave:
Tonight i am getting a dwarf female from very bad surroundings. She wont have seen the light of day-had a run-fresh grass-hay etc for at least 6 months:evil::evil: but finally tonight i am taking her home with me. I plan to let her have a good run tomorrow and give her a full mot-hopefully she wont mind being handled too much cos she didnt get much of that either:roll: She was being kept on the floor of a filthy stable in a tiny hutch where wild mice,rats etc were all over the place so im not letting my lot near her till i know she is ok but once i know she is i have a neutered dwarf boy i hope to bond her with.

My question is will i treat this like my previous bondings- i have 4 pairs now, or do i leave her for weeks, months to settle first. On the other hand would it be less stressfull for her to have a companion so that her life can get easier more quickly?

I've currently got 5 rescue bunnies but they are all sooooooooo friendly and were not as bad as this poor girlie as they were got to in time-even my girl that was got for a snake:censored::censored: but was luckily handed in after a week is so affectionate with me even if always a little timid.
Sorry for long post but want to do this right so its a good result for this poor girlie.
Many thanks liz, mummy to 10 rabbits(and counting) 2 chinchillas, 1gerbil,1hamster and loads of fishies.

well i would get her speyed before you consider bonding and have her vaccinations done and pannacurd too(just realising myself how important the wormer really is) give her the time for her vaccs..so thats myxi...2weeks vhd...2 weeks...spey...10days recovery then go about doing it in neutral territory i think by then she should be settled too x

Thank you bunlover- should have mentioned that im booked at the vets monday so will take it from there.
Am leaving shortly to go collect her- am so dying to get her so i can mind her.
Hope she is not too stressed in the car as its a fairly long journey to where she lives.
Fingers crossed that tomorrow i have a slightly happier bunny or at least a more comfortable one. :bunny::bunny: x

Back