• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Eric and Ernie - Yaaaa Bonded. U/D they're home!!

Hello:wave::wave::wave:

Just to let you know that Eric and Ernie went away on Sunday to be bonded.
I was soooooooooo nervous, expecting to hear horror stories about them both. :cry:

BUT.................. I had a message 1 hour later to say that they had not been any fighting or chasing and were snuggled up and grooming each other.

OMG - I was so happy.:lol:

It has been the same all this week so far.

I thought the bigger one (Eric) would be the dominant one, but no. Little Ernie is!

I am going to collect them tonight and am so nervous. I just hope they are o.k when they get home. Everything has been neutralised and I have a new double hutch waiting for them.

Can anyone tell me, should I put them straight into the hutch to settle for bed, or should put them in their run first? What would you do?

It will be about 8.30pm by the time we get home.

Last edited:
Oh wow i'm so happy for you , i'm trying to bond Peanut and Pringle at the moment and it's not going too well. Very scary too! i wish there was somewhere near me that could do the bonding for me!!

Really happy for you. Its a v stressful time ( not only for the bunnies)

I'm on day 2 and its looking great. I can't believe it, I just peeped in cos its been v quiet and the rabbits that this time yesterday were flying round and round the enclosure trying to bite each other are now snuggled up grooming away. Its unbelievable.

Good luck with Eric n Ernie at home.

George :love:Sugar

Thank you for good luck wishes.:)

They have been so good - I hope it continues!!!!!
I kind of wished I had been there when they were let out together to see them getting on so well, but was so scared that they would fight, I missed it.

Heartbeat will be racing tonight!!!

thats great news so glad you have your boys back together :)

we are getting two girlfriends for our 2 to keep them company....

Hello

Eric and Ernie are home now - hooray!!!
They both had a good night in their new hutch and had a lovley run around on the garden.

There was a bit of bottom biting, but nothng more than that. Hopefully it will stay like that!

Here's a video and photo to show you how they're getting on so far.

100_2571.jpg

Hello

Yes they are brothers and we seperated them at about 12 weeks due to fighting.
Had them neutered 6 weeks ago and sent them off to be bonded.

They have been home since Wednesday night and are so good.
Spent 10 minutes last nght watching them groom each other.

am sooooooooooo happy!!!

Back