• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Brave Bonnie

XMissySJx

Wise Old Thumper
my brave special girl.

when she got home she slept from 7-til 10, and then i brought her upstairs as it was time for bed. she wouldnt follow me, and started shaking n trembling, her tail in betwen her legs, i went to touch her h she made like a part growl part cry noise, she was very frightened.

I brought her upstairs n she hid under a blanket. she was fine when she saw me at the vets, she cried but she wanted to get to me. but i think now we are home she has got a bit nervous poor girl.

I put a hot water bottle under a cushion in the bed i have made for her. (her basket is being washed as the vet found a flea and wasnt sure if it was from her or not, she was de fleased 7 days ago after the grooming incident as a precuation though.

her bed is a mini duvet folded with a fleece blanket and one of those squishee cusions (it moulds to her face she loves it)

anyway...here is the bravest girl in the world.

bonnie016.jpg

the reason she has a bandage on is to stop her scratching the stitch where her lump was removed.

bonnie002.jpg

bonnie017.jpg

i hate the fact she was so afraid. makes me sure she wouldnt be able to undergo any long term treatment, shes too stressed.

but for now she is being VERY brave

She may still be a bit disorientated. Our old black lab, Dog, had to have an op when he was 14, and it took him a week to recover, he really wasn't himself. We just kept him warm and quiet and he came fine in the end.
She is being very brave, so if she's allowed to recover quietly, she'll be fine.

she had fluids which aparantly let her recover quicker, she was bonnie when we brought her home but she doesnt feel like bonnie. i know shes feeling poorly but i cant believe she felt afraid of me. she adores me.

she seems happier now shes snuggled on the hot water bottle. i think its helping her sleep

Aww, I know you didnt like the way they groomed her but I think she looks gorgeous like that. Definately not as old as she is X

i have got used to it now, shes mroe fluffy now, its not as flat so it looks okay.

hopefully when it grows a little she will look lovely. (lovlier!)

shes such a brave girl. i cant believe she did it. shes is such a fighter.shes amazing. :love:

what a brave little beauty

solo sends kisses and says she can be in his club if she wants

solopostop.jpg

hope she feels better soon and gets some confidence back sending gentle hugs:love:

awww what a monkey! solo doesnt seem to mind his but he was wearing socks for 2 days first so maybe thats why lol (plus he is muzzled/collared so he doesnt lick his nick nack sack :lol:)

awww what a monkey! solo doesnt seem to mind his but he was wearing socks for 2 days first so maybe thats why lol (plus he is muzzled/collared so he doesnt lick his nick nack sack :lol:)

why r his feet bandaged anyway? i know he went in for a neuter but i didnt know hes feet were sore?

why r his feet bandaged anyway? i know he went in for a neuter but i didnt know hes feet were sore?

we were doing agility on sunday hot dry ground my boy goes at 100mph stops instantly and turns on a penny resulting in 2 back feet with pads literally hanging off :roll:poor boy was walking on his toes so when he was having his nuts off they trimmed all the skin off his feet and bandaged them up too, will that teach him his lesson? my guess wuold be no! when they are healed have got to start with paw hardner and 2 mile at leasty road walks a day to harden them up

Back