• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Introducing Poppy and her hand-made home!

So this is our little girl, poppy. She is a mini-lop and about 4 months old. She is an indoor bunny and extemely friendly! - infact, if people are in the house she goes mad until shes let out to see everyone!

Hope the pics work!
SP_A0036.jpg

SP_A0035.jpg

This is her house that my darling husband built her. The top layer cones clear out when we clean her out. It measures about 3ft square...but its purely for sleeping in - she is out and had the run of the house more than she is in it!...
SP_A0039.jpg

SP_A0038.jpg

Ooo I love your setup!!

I'm currently trying to talk my boyf into letting our rabbit come inside but he's not been talked round yet :evil:

OMG!!! Shes so sweet!! My Blue looked like that once.......
I love the house, Blue has a huge hutch in the utility room but seems to prefer an old dogs bed. Go figure!
x

Beautiful bunny and lovely set up, hope you don't mind me saying but I wouldn't put a bunny on wood shavings, the bits are sometimes so small that they can get in their eyes or up their nose and cause irritation and infection, I would just put newspaper down with lots of hay on top and it might be a good idea to litter train her whilst she is so young.

thanks for the tip Snowy - we are planning to get some cheep rubber kitchen tiles to put on the bottom of the cage and then add towels and hay, as the wee is just going through the wood and the smell is not pleasent!

She has loads of hay in her top compartment (which isnt shown in these pics) and she also has a ramp as well so she doesnt have to jump up onto the top level - really want to get her a companion! But Other Half isnt too keen!

But says i can have more when we move and they can go into the garden (i think hes looking forward building a big house for them!)

So i guess ill have to wait! x

Wow what a pretty bunny! great house too!

Welcome to RU :wave:

Just another little tip sorry :oops: you might already do this but it might be worth putting something over the top if you don't want her to come out as rabbits have a habit of getting out of anything :lol: Mine once squished through the bottom bars of a dog crate and has cleared a pen not long ago!

Hey isabel - it does have a lid (bit its not down in the pic!) So its cosy and private for her. We only opened it for the pic - it has a wooden top covered in dark fake leather, like a table top! - it folds down and only opened when we clean her out.

So dont worry! She is safe! lol x x

How fantastic that your Dh has built her such a special individual home for her night time accomodation ! He must love you and love her :D

Hey isabel - it does have a lid (bit its not down in the pic!) So its cosy and private for her. We only opened it for the pic - it has a wooden top covered in dark fake leather, like a table top! - it folds down and only opened when we clean her out.

So dont worry! She is safe! lol x x

Wow how posh! That sounds like a fab set up. One spoilt bunny :D

I'd love something more like that for Muppet's 'base' indoors. He has a big 'hamster cage' type thing, it'll never win any prizes for style.

Getting rid of the sawdust is definitely recommended, simply because it tracks EVERYWHERE as you've probably noticed by now and is sooooooo annoying!! In Muppet's cage, he has his litter tray one end and profleece the other where he crashes out. Tho mostly he prefers the doormat by the patio door...

Rubber tiles is a good idea, but litter training is definitely the way to go, it makes cleaning out so much easier (all of 5 mins per day for me for just the litter tray; 10 mins if I go the whole hog and shake out the bedding too ;)).

Back