• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Best place for shed/playhouse? And homemade runs.

vengeful.veggie

Alpha Buck
When our loan comes through, we're going to use some to get a shed/playhouse and a run for the bunnies and then house them in that outside. Sonny's family will get off our backs a little about the mess and they'll have more room out there too.

So, for those who have got these already - Where would be the best place to get one? I was looking to spend about £200. Where is the best place money wise? Quality? Delivery?

Also, our garden is a funny shape and at the back goes diagonally back down, so we'd have to handmake a run for it to fit. Has anyone done this?

Excellent site as Elve has said. I have two Lollipop playhouses from them and the are all T & G wood inc floor and roof :love:

I have one of the Lincoln sheds shown on this site arriving tomorrow.

It's a bunny-house building bank holiday weekend :)

Will let you know what the build quality is like.

My playhouse and run set up cost £200 in total (£100 for the playhouse and £100 for the run). The playhouse is 4ft x 4ft and the run is 6ft x 4ft. I got the playhouse from Focus but the same one is now £140 :shock: The run was hand built using wood and mesh from B&Q, it was 2 years ago though so the prices may have gone up there too. The quality of the playhouse is good, it has tongue and groove walls and door, the floor is only OSB but it is still in very good condition after 2 years so I'm sure it will last.

This is when it was first made:
newcage.jpg

newhome2.jpg

I now have a shed and two runs attatched to the side for 4 of my other rabbits to live in and have put a felted roof on. I got the shed free from someone who was getting rid of it. The two runs are 6ft x 5ft and cost £200 to make. The wood was from a builders merchant this time.
DSC00662-1.jpg

The runs all now have a solid floor to stop them digging out, I got the slabs second hand and they were free as well :D If you handmake the run then it can be any shape you want, the 2 bigger ones on mine are at a bit of an angle because the playhouse is a bit further forward than the shed.

QUOTE=Pegasys;2661494]My playhouse and run set up cost £200 in total (£100 for the playhouse and £100 for the run). The playhouse is 4ft x 4ft and the run is 6ft x 4ft. I got the playhouse from Focus but the same one is now £140 :shock: The run was hand built using wood and mesh from B&Q, it was 2 years ago though so the prices may have gone up there too. The quality of the playhouse is good, it has tongue and groove walls and door, the floor is only OSB but it is still in very good condition after 2 years so I'm sure it will last.

This is when it was first made:
newcage.jpg

newhome2.jpg

I now have a shed and two runs attatched to the side for 4 of my other rabbits to live in and have put a felted roof on. I got the shed free from someone who was getting rid of it. The two runs are 6ft x 5ft and cost £200 to make. The wood was from a builders merchant this time.
DSC00662-1.jpg

The runs all now have a solid floor to stop them digging out, I got the slabs second hand and they were free as well :D If you handmake the run then it can be any shape you want, the 2 bigger ones on mine are at a bit of an angle because the playhouse is a bit further forward than the shed.[/QUOTE]

Fabulous set-up really looks great, very lucky buns:thumb:

Back