• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Bloated tummy, no poo's!

Pringle

Warren Veteran
Just need advice :(. This morning at 7am when i put pringle in run i noticed his tummy was all lumpy so i felt it and it felt like loads of large poo's inside his tummy was big lumps, i phoned vet for advice and Sy took him along to the vet, he got a few injections (gut stimulate) and he got some parafin. He came home and was in run with Sophie, he is eating normal, still hopping around as usual etc, i brought him inside about 7pm to keep an eye on him and poo as i cant tell if he has poo'd or if its sophies. Hes not poo's since he has been in but hes hopping around daft, i gave him more gut stimulate at about 7.30pm and his parafin from vet, have also giving him a little infacol to break any wind thats their. Im just concerned he hasnt poo'd yet :(. Hes munching away as vet said feed him as normal but im scared it bloats him even more.

Any advice is appreciated
Hayley and poorly Pringle xx

If he wants to eat on his own accord, I think I'd let him eat what he wants. Have you tried giving some tummy rubs? That could help to get things moving... but him hopping about is good for him too.

Has he got a litter tray inside the house - he could be holding it in!

I have been giving him tummy rubs but after a while he hops off, feels like their is two large balls of poo in their.
I brought his litter tray in to see if he would poo in their, i want to put him back out incase he would rather poo out their but he lives with sophie so hard to tell what poo is his xx

:wave: hiya hun. i think its good if hes moving, and you should encourage it even if you have to feel mean and make him move a little, tummy rubs are good if you can do them. is he drinking?.
x

Just a quick update, i kept chasing pringle around my room :lol: and he was hopping around lots, we got a handful of poo's and yesterday he poo'd some more, hes still eating/drinking and running around daft, still feels their is a few poos in their but we are getting their, he has had a few large poo's so hopefully thats them coming out xx

Im so confused, hes been eating grass/veg/and pellets and hopping around fine, i have given him his gut stuff this morning and tonight his tummy felt lumpy again so gave him more hes poo'd a little im so confused and worried as hes eating and hopping around as normal just struggling to pass poo:( taking him to vet tomorrow morning again xx

Im so confused, hes been eating grass/veg/and pellets and hopping around fine, i have given him his gut stuff this morning and tonight his tummy felt lumpy again so gave him more hes poo'd a little im so confused and worried as hes eating and hopping around as normal just struggling to pass poo:( taking him to vet tomorrow morning again xx

:wave: im sorry i dnt have much advice- what do his poos look like?. its def good that hes eating/drinking/moving- just a worry bout the poos.
x

They are quite dark round/oval shape and very few :( Xx Dont know whether to give him parafin or not? someone told me its not good to? but vet gave it to me im confused xx

Back