• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Clothes For Rabbts?!

bunny-lover

Young Bun
:wave:
what do you all think about clothes for rabbits??:shock:
i know u can get haloween costumes and everything!!!!!:?:lol:

i think its so wrong...what about you?:)

I don't think my lot would be impressed if I dressed them up!

I don't really like the idea of dressing pets up anyway, I can understand coats for dogs and rugs for horses but beyond that, I just don't see why you would want to do it.

That said, I wish I could get Inky to wear leg-warmers to keep his poorly joints warm in the winter:lol:.

I hate it when people put their pets into clothes, it restricts their movements and is just plain cruel. I saw a woman walking a dog the other day it had a pink romper on and she was dressed the same with long blonde hair, I took one look and thought what a pratt. Other people were laughing at her which she did'nt even notice.

well!

i saw a woman down the park earlier, and as it was raining...he miniature poodle has pink leather wellies on,with matching raincoat and hat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the poor thing looked so embarrased...it was terrible.!:shock:

It's so wrong, i'd be so scarred of wee bunnies getting caught on something with them on and hurting themselves, plus they've perfectly beautiful coats of their own and far better looking than any human made item. Juts not right. I mean a colourful dog collar on your dog is ok light but anything else is a no no.

ive dressed mine up in a tshirt before now only for photos and i never force him if he doesnt like it he doesnt wear it :oops: i dont think they ought to be worn all the time and outside and taken seriously though

no clothes for animals, they have fur of their own.

maybe in a necessary situation ie a blanket/coat for an outdoor horse/dog but nothing more. people need to ask themselves whether dressing an animal is in its interest, or just for their own amusement.

biggles runs around with towels or bras or sox......... i could go on nine times out of ten they are on his head :roll:

anyone else noticed its always the small breeds on animal that people insist on dressing in human clothing...guess it makes sence not to risk a mauling by a labrador while attempting to manhandle it into one of those god awful pink hoddie t-shirts.

biggles runs around with towels or bras or sox......... i could go on nine times out of ten they are on his head :roll:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Carlton likes to chuck my knickers around, I'm wondering if one day I'll find him wearing them!

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Carlton likes to chuck my knickers around, I'm wondering if one day I'll find him wearing them!

:shock::shock::shock: carlton!!!! lol

i dont think pets should be dressed up unless for thier benifit ie i know a parrot that lost all its feathers once due to mites and stres the person who rescued it made a little jumper for it with wing holes too to keep it warm whilst its feathers were growing back and stop it from scratching any more.... so ok if in animals inteerests but not for stupid reasons xx

A friend of mine used to dress her rabbit up,the poor thing could barely move about and was absolutely terrifed :( No wonder it died at the age of 1. :cry:

oops

As a huge animal lover I have to admit I am cruel to mine. :oops:I tried Winnie in a hoodie which he thought was fab. I also made costumes for halloween for them check them out www.hoppybunnyrabbit.com (if you look they can easily remove the item the hat isnt tied on but Angel is quite a poser)
I do think its cruel though if bun panics, they certainly dont need them only for our cruel humour so I certainly wouldnt upset any animal over a item of clothing.
However Winnie has been told by vet that if possible to make him wear shoes for life as his feet are very bad. Busy bandaging them up at mo and trying to invent pair if anyone can help us out here it would be much appreciated it is serious request my bunny has been told shoes is the new must have! (preferably blue although he does love pink.)

no clothes, but on sunny day when they hop outdoor, it's nice for them to have a sunglasses

bernie00215bi6.jpg

I don't really have an opinion. As long as the item isn't restrictive or damaging then I don't really care. If it's not bothering the animal I don't see any point getting all worked up over nothing.

My Molly had an occasional wear collar when I first had him, I was away at uni and when I returned to my parents he would hide and we could find him from the bell. Infact there was a member here who found a lost rabbit wearing collar and id tags and was able to return it. I've also put christmas hats on them for a photo. :lol: I don't mind people dressing up their dogs either. As long as it's appropriate. Some dogs need to wear a coat so it may as well be pink and glittery. At least said animal is being cared for and has a happy home rather than being homeless or a bad situation.

Last edited:
shoes

I am being serious about shoes or booties for winnie if anyone can help or keep an eye out for me it would be great. It is a medical reason that he needs them. We have tried baby socks and tied them on but just come off and even had a knitted pair made but cant keep them on any help would be great!!!

Last edited:
Back