• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pink Rabbits

mmmm hoax or not?

Hi there ,
have just read the above link on the flourescent albino bunny , and hate to say it my my other half is a expert on photoluminescent materials, working as a manager in a worldwide company with qualificaitions in the area to back him up. He is highly sceptical on this last link , the only facts and figures that co-oberate the theory are well known values and there is nothing actualy technichal there that could convince him that this was infact true , another think the only piture of it glowing looks like a classic photoshop cut out and doctored image.
I am not saying it is not true though , merely that if it is true you would think it would come with more supporting information to convince us, it just looks like he has tried to baffle us with well known science facts that prove nothing. ???
Pause for thought maybe??
from marie-claire

well- i was duped lol:lol::lol:
I sent them an e-mail but came back not deliverable:lol:

glad not true tho-Sue:wave:

I would say 100% photoshopped pics
some have been done well but the green rabbit and the pink rabbit at the vets in particular have jagged edges from poor cropping. some places the colour is oddly saturated too which tends to happen if you use colour variations on PS :)

lol i put this thread up ages ago, yeah it was fake, phone number didn't work, a girl who just lived down the road from their address had never heard of them, it's all fake thank goodness.

Hi there ,
have just read the above link on the flourescent albino bunny , and hate to say it my my other half is a expert on photoluminescent materials, working as a manager in a worldwide company with qualificaitions in the area to back him up. He is highly sceptical on this last link , the only facts and figures that co-oberate the theory are well known values and there is nothing actualy technichal there that could convince him that this was infact true , another think the only piture of it glowing looks like a classic photoshop cut out and doctored image.
I am not saying it is not true though , merely that if it is true you would think it would come with more supporting information to convince us, it just looks like he has tried to baffle us with well known science facts that prove nothing. ???
Pause for thought maybe??
from marie-claire

mmmh, sure, the photo where Alba looks green is definitely photoshopped, as a kind of dramatization I assume, as it must be very hard to take a photograph of her in the correct light conditions I assume...
I know the artist, who has quite a reputation in the contemporary art scene, and honestly he's done some pretty amazing things that involve scientific experiments. He sure is not a scientist and has never claimed that what he does is scientifically rigorous in any way...
As far as I'm concerned, it doesn't even matter whether Alba really is transgenic or not and if she does turn green with the correct illumination; the information on the webpage is extremely interesting and thought provoking, and I consider this enough for this work to be successful in its own way (but maybe I'm biased... I'm an art professional).
Nevertheless, I'm not thrilled with the idea of using animals in art in general, although Alba seems to be much loved and well taken care of...

the glowing rabbits is unfortunately true. they mixed their dns wth jellyfish dna. saw it on the news not that long ago and thought it was sick. why do they need flurescent rabbits!? but it is deffo true.

It is true, they are registered with companies house, you can't be on companies house unless you're a legitimate business and Kerry katona was a shareholder, ah I give up I think my posts must be set to ignore :lol::lol::lol:

It is true, they are registered with companies house, you can't be on companies house unless you're a legitimate business and Kerry katona was a shareholder, ah I give up I think my posts must be set to ignore :lol::lol::lol:

I couldn't see the bit on it on the Sun's website. If it is true sounds good as they are given two vaccs which could promote their care to future owners, but then again, they're given a collar... and are pink :? :lol::lol::lol:
I'm really in the dark about it, pictures look rather fake.
I'd love to know how many people have tried to get one.

Back