• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Finding Molly a Friend - Help!

Lread

Young Bun
This is my 3 year old Molly in her new indoor cage and she loves it (48” dog crate).

STA70433.jpg

The only thing is that she is lonely and would love a partner.

Questions are;

Is this big enough for two rabbits?

They would get free range run around time when we get back from work and in the mornings. Plus I have a 7 ft by 4ft by 2 ft outside run for them to use in the nicer weather.

If so, where is there in the Bristol area, that offers a bonding service?

I would like Molly to be with a neutered male rabbit of a similar age.

Molly has in the past been with a female rabbit Poppet

DSC02327-1.jpg

and they scrapped. And then tried with Mow

DSC02368.jpg

And she did not tolerate him mounting her.

What do you think my chances are?

She cuddles and licks my cuddly toy rabbit and I can see she really wants a friend.

Is there anyone out there that can help Molly be a happy bunny?

By the way, she is neutered and vaccinated and lives indoors because she suffers from respiratory problems occasionally although she is not on medication for this.

Sorry dont know much about bonding as have only had lone housebuns.Want to get a dog crate for B as her cage is rather small but then shes only in it over night and free range during the day but the thing that puts me off is B loves to burrow in her straw which i fill her cage with and you cant really do that with a dog crate as they dont have the deep base.But i do like the headroom in a crate.Dont have her free range overnight as i cant break her habit of weeing on sofa and i really cant face cleaning that up before i goto work at 6.30!If she didn't do that she need never be shut away.Sorry am rambling now!!!!:lol:

yes there is hope lots of rescues go on rabbit rehome section then bristol area.... regarding a bun its best to let her pick her partner do bunny speed dating at teh rescue when she found one she likes let them bond for you..neutralise the area when you get home then you can have them come into neutral territory too she just hasnt found theright bun for her yet! :) xx

i cant break her habit of weeing on sofa and i really cant face cleaning that up before i goto work at 6.30!If she didn't do that she need never be shut away.Sorry am rambling now!!!!:lol:

Pepper :) lol there was a couple of things i told a lady that came in the shop she had the same problem.. i surgested pepper, barcardinated soda and err i cant remember the other thing!! they dont like the smell so will stay well clear, she said the pepper one worked also try a kitty litter on the floor by the sofa, theres also a replent you can use with cats not sure if it will work with rabbits ill ask my boss also you need to clean the sofa really well to get rid of her scent problem with rabbits once they've picked a spot thats it!! but try pepper :)

Try Sharron at Avon Small Animal Rescue - they've always got gorgeous buns up for adoption. She may be able to help you bond?

Back