• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Urgent Help Please UD ~*~ hes home and reboneded with myxi

lilminxlou

Mama Doe
okay, gumpy has a bit of poo coming out of his bum, i knew there was something up as hes litter trained yet surrounded by poos, shall i pull this oo out he seems so placid and is hoping like with his legs close together with small strides like hes trying to hold it in, i can tell somethings not right please help!!!!

Last edited:
please anyone im so worried what with myxi and her hocks, gumpy is really not well he just sits there looking sorry for himself

There is nothing wrong w/ that. All you got is a string of poos, and they are connected, the last poo hasn't come up yet. It's not stuck in there. But if you want to pull it out, that's fine too.

IF they eat some fiber, like cotton, and they didn't digest it, that string will mix w/ the regular poos, thus, a string of poos

hmm, thats strange.
sorry i cant offer much advice.. you know grumpy better than anyone, and if you think that something is wrong, its best to fallow your gut. Maybe you could ring up the vet, tell them what is going on, they may know what you can do. in the meantime, lots of hay and water, and not a lot of extras (treats)
hope he is alright!
PP♥

ok i pelled the poo, it was stuck on the fur, its all clean and looks normal.

but hes just not himself will keep an eye on him tonight

usually if i give myxi fuss he'll come over and nudge me or sometimes hell come when i call him but hes really not well

hes sat under the table in a corner, just crouched up, feeling sorry for himself with hay and water but he hasnt touched them

hes sat under the table in a corner, just crouched up, feeling sorry for himself with hay and water but he hasnt touched them

If he is sitting hunched up, and not eating when he normally would be then he needs to see the vet. Only you know your bunny, so if you have any doubts you should always go with your gut instinct and call the vet.

have you felt his tummy?

if hes hunched up and not interested in food take him to the vet... it'll either put your mind at ease or you will find out whats wrong and be able to sort it. hope ur bun feels better soon and good luck xx

he might have gas like my bunny did.. he had GI stasis.

If hes bloated i would get him to the vets asap, gas is painful for bunnies
xx

Sorry just caught up with this again...

If his tummy is bloated and he is sitting hunched up uninterested in food he needs to see the vet tonight. You can't wait with rabbits. People put them to bed thinking they are just ' a bit off colour' and then are surprised when they wake up to find they have died. I'm not saying that to scare you, I'm just saying that always follow your gut instinct and if you think he is ill have him seen by the vet.

heya hun, just seen this i hope everythings ok with ur baby.
but i think you should follow ur guts with this. i thought my shauny wasnt right but left it for bout 13hrs cause my o/h thought he would be ok (never again, he felt so guilty). had to take him to the emergency vets at 11.30 sat, thankgod we gt there in time.
loads of hugs.
x

please please take him to a vet hun, its not good for a rabbit to not eat & he sounds like hes in pain, i lost my Honey to GI stasis
You can't afford to wait has rabbits can go so fast.... i pray all goes well xx

thanks o/h didnt realise the severity of the problem i dont think i was getting a bit mad and frustrated at him.

anyway, hes in the vets overnight they said it was gut stasis. i asked if there was anything i should have done and they said no. it was the same vet who put my mum and dads dog down not so long ago. so i think he felt sorry for me.

Back