• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Bun Sneezing - please help im a bit worried!

IloveToffee

Warren Scout
Hi i know rabbits sneezing etc. can indicate problems but my rabbit sneezes v occasionally.. like once a month

should i be worried???

xxx

Last edited:
Occasional Sneeze

I would check his nose for any kind of discharge.If none there,,,is the bun sneezing when he is near certain hays or other things,,,,rabbits sometimes do have allergies to things...
If he sneezes more then once a month, I would have a known qualified Rabbit vet listen to his lungs and check his nose for anything unusal.Better to be safe and catch anything starting.

hi
i wouldnt worry about it :)
the other thing that can sometimes cause sneezes is stress, or when things are not going there way. Mercades sneezes (well it is kind of like a huff) when shes trying to tell the other buns where to go and what to do and they dont listen.. she also sneezed a lot when we first brought her home. We thought there was something wrong, but it was just the stress of moving to a new home.

yess it is more than a huff!! he did it twice before (coincidence lol!!) and i noticed both times it was when somethin annoyed him.. he thumped and huffed and then the other time he had jumped off the bed and banged into his litter tray and he huffed.

not worried anymore thank u xxx

Back