• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pouncing...

cheryl21

Warren Scout
Stella and Bud have been married for a year and have always got on well - I think it was love at first sight :love:

Anyhow, they have had lovers tiffs before and pounced at each other - never fought or hurt each other, just a little pounce. They've always kissed (well groomed) and made up.

These pounces are becoming more frequent and it seems to be Bud pouncing on Stella - she used to be the stroppy one but hasn't pounced back for ages. She also seems to be coming to me more and butting me for strokes etc - she was a cuddly lap rabbit before we bonded her with Bud, but since then she has ignored me cos she's got her husbun!!! Now it seems she wants more attention from me!!

Do you think I should be worried - as I said they don't fight and when they dont see me, I don't think they do it. It has crossed my mind that Bud might be jealous as Stella is more used to me and likes strokes - he was mistreated before and although I think he trusts me, he doesnt like to be touched at all:(

Last edited:
I would just keep an eye on them :) They arent fighting so all is good :) Stella obviously knows wehere her bread is buttered :lol:

I really don't think it's bad enough to separate - I just don't want it to get worse. She was definately the boss before but now it seems he's taken over.:roll:

They're outside now cuddled up together in their run, it seems he only does it when I'm there, he never does it when I'm spying:?

It could be a jealousy thing.
My little nethie pounces at his wifey bun whenever I'm giving them food - I'm not sure if his is jealousy or whether his eyesight is that bad that he doesn't know whether to eat what I'm offering or kill it.

He pounces quite often and it always makes me jump:lol::lol:

it may be jealousy - it seems to be in the morning and at night when they get fed. More so in the morning cos they usually get a treat. He may be jealous cos she gets strokes, even though he doesn't like it. I can sit on the floor and he crawls all over me, but if I try to touch him, he runs!!!

Back