• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Toys for Gimli

gothic_mermaid

Young Bun
have any of you got any suggestions for toys for gimli?
Hes got a straw ball thing he loves chewing, and a rope thing that he loves chaseing round the floor, but am looking for things I could even possiablly make that wont harm him??

thanks in advance

Hello, toilet roll holders with hay and pellets are a favourite of Honey's. Cardboard boxes with holes cut in.

Buns usually love the toilet rolls (without the paper on) stuffed with yummy hay and perhaps some hand picked grass. My girl Kiki likes her Chube (tube) and rolls on it/hides in it :D

Are toilet rolls ok as our Poppy just eats them:shock:& the same go's for news paper aswell:roll:which I have stopped putting in because of the ink

The suggested above.
Yes it's fine as it's wood and that's natural, not sure about the ink though.
Mine have, an upside down cardboard box with a door cut in for a little cubby hole (well.. big!) a large haybale, 2 logs, toilet rolls, cardboard box, wooden toys, roley ball rattle thingmajig, and their favourite.. their P@H 'Boutique' Tunnel. They adore it!!

You can put an old yellow pages in a box and bunny will dig and make a grand old mess (which is why it is better in a box). A pile of newspaper would do the same thing.

Cardboard boxes are great - they like two holes cut into them although they will eventually make more! If you have a golf shop near you they have fantastic tunnel shaped boxes.

Untreated wicker - they will chew it to bits.

Empty pop bottles all stood up together - kinda like skittles/bunny bowling except the bunny launches themself.

Loo roll inners stuffed with hay - can also join a few together with string and hang. You can hang carrots/veg in the same way.

Seagrass welcome mat or similar - will be chewed.

They also like to have something to sit/lie on top of eg solid box, table,chair etc.

Not everybun will like everything but you can try the cheap homemade versions to see which your bun will like and then buy toys (if you want to) that are similar.

Maria x

Back