• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

its been a bit of a nightmare so far

pink poker

Young Bun
hi

its been a bit of a nightmare so far iv had midnight my 8 week old british giant 4 days and for 3 of them he's had gi stasis. its cost me a fortune and hes back to the vet tomorrow again, i hope it all works out soon.

Hiya, sorry to hea about your Midnight - sounds like he came with gi stasis :( might want to consider pet insurance for your bun - it's around £7 a month x

i did think about it but if i got it now they would not pay out as he was diagnosed before the policy :shock: i just have to hope he gets better soon.

thanks

Oh, actually that does make sense - I was wondering if the previous breeders/shop should pay out anything? Not sure if this is possible, someone might know on here if it is...

I hope your bun gets better soon, feel free to post any more new threads for advise, there's loads of helpful people on here happy to help you x x

thanks

i just hope he gets better and grows into the big bunny i'm hoping he will be then it will all have been worth it.

sorry to hear hes ill...

how long after he arrived did he become ill?

was he transported far? its just that journeys can induce stasis due to stress... just a possible factor x

hope he gets better soon,my baby british giant was ill last week at the breeders but the following day he was able to come home and is doing well

I agree with Indiechic, it is unlikely that he came to you with it, but even the slightest of upheaval can cause stress and result in Stasis :(

I hope he is better soon. He is in at the vets until further notice or at home with you?

What have they given him, or given you to give him?

I hope your Midnight pulls through, it sounds promising. I have had my bunny Truffle a week and she is in at the vets in intensive care for the same thing and it's not looking good at all.

K x

hope truffle gets better, reading the forums it seems this problem is quite common, i thin its just luck of the draw some rabbits get it some rabbits dont.

midnight is home with some medicine to help him "****" then go loo. we will just see how he does. he had antibiotics and pain killers and a tube of food during his treatment.

Lindt bunny & Pink Poker,

Sending loads of vibes for Midnight and Truffle, really hope they both get get better.

Where does he live when he's at home? Do you have any other pets? Is there anything in his environment which could cause him stress?

Maria x

Back