• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Buster has stasis,U/D been to the vets ,keep fingers crossed!

biscuitblossom

Warren Veteran
Buster hasn't eaten or pooped overnight ,I'll ring the vet as soon as they are open but is there anything I can do before that???

Last edited:
Get him moving round and try to get extra fluids down him. It might just help get things moving before you go to the vets. Some gentle tummy rubs and try to tempt him with some food.

Ive tried tempting him with food but hes just not interested,hes sat in a part of the hutch where i'd not normally see him and is just not moving .

Try to get him moving around, sounds cruel but it is to be kind - it can sometimes help to get the gut moving.

It will be best to get him to the vet asap though. I hope he is feeling better soon.

Well the vet I saw was really good,he checked his teeth,tiny spurs he said but nothing to stop him eating like that....he said there were hardly any gut sounds at all so hes had metaclopromide,baytril and rimadyl injections and I've got science recovery to syringe every 2 hours.

Also have pineapple juice to give him too.

If hes no better by tomorrow they will admit him and give subcut fluids as well as syringe feed him ......hes taken the science recovery quite well and about 12mls of pineapple juice so keep your fingers crossed for him please!!

They always seen to do the trick don't they, it's good that we don't have to buy them, just pick them.

Back