• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My rabbit has gone all sheepish

paulcunny

New Kit
Hi all
My rabbit is a six month old female (kept indoors) when we first got her i trained her to come and hop up on my lap when i called her name, i havnt really broken the trainng in anyway, but the past month she runs away when ever i go ner her and attacks me when i put my hand in the cage to put food in, is this natural as she'll be going through puberty or something?

any help will be greatfull

Paul

Yes I think its time for her to be spade.Some rabbits will go for you if you put your hand in there cage anyway as rabbits can't see very well with things right in front of them so always put your hand above otherwise you probaly will get a bite.

I would definitely get her spayed now. It should calm a lot of that behaviour down. Have you also considered getting her a friend once she has been spayed?

I would definitely get her spayed now. It should calm a lot of that behaviour down. Have you also considered getting her a friend once she has been spayed?

yeah, shes booked in to get spayed on thursday, might get her a freind if shes calmer and doesnt try to bite me anymore :)

I am sure that she will be calmer after being spayed, but also getting her a friend may chill her out also. Good luck with the spay. Remember to keep her warm after you get her home and keep a close eye that she is eating, weeing, pooing too.

Back