• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cotton Bedding

huppie

Mama Doe
Hello!

I am trying to find the best bedding for Huppie, my newly acquired three year old doe. Do people know much about dust free cotton bedding? I tried hemp-chips but thought it was far too dusty and have read on here that woodchips have the same problem.

I am putting a thick layer of newspaper down over the whole hutch. In her main area I put a thick layer of the bedding down with a thin layer of hay on top. In her smaller area (where she doesn't seem to go to the loo) I just put a massive amount of hay.

This bedding thing and the chocie of hay seems to be the most complex things so far.

Way too much choice! :lol:

Thanks

Emma

I use Barley Straw in my hutches, just a thin layers over newspaper in summer but I really bulk it up in winter, being tubular its a fantastic insulator.

There are loads of different options though...if your rabbit is mostly littertrained you could use lino, carpet or vet bed :)

Back