• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

my bunny's accomodation

coco1200

Warren Veteran
here is hermione and oscars nearly finished home :) its a 14X4ft 'enclosure'/ run.
all that needs doing putting mesh under the door, and the bottm bit of the fence, to stop them digging out.

IMG_1830.jpg

IMG_1829.jpg

with the door on it
IMG_1820.jpg

gawddd its been a hard day for the buns helping us out build this :lol:
IMG_1827.jpg

BTW - that vent is a steam vent. it is completley out of reach, and cannot harm the rabbits in any way.

does anyone have any constructive critism for me?
any tips on how to fox proof it?

the buns have 24/7 access to this, and the hutch (hutch is never shut) and i lock them in here at night only. they have free range to the garden all day.
its not great looking, but its practical, and they love it :)
it only cost around £35 to make as well!

IMG_1831.jpg

:wave:

I am hungover today so can't think of any fox proofing ideas right now. Sorry am useless haha. Just wanted to say I think it is ace! :thumb:

Do they jump up and use there trays like that or was it cleaning out day? :D

Oohhh are they are giants?

I am hungover today so can't think of any fox proofing ideas right now. Sorry am useless haha. Just wanted to say I think it is ace! :thumb:

Do they jump up and use there trays like that or was it cleaning out day? :D

Oohhh are they are giants?

:lol::lol:

thanks guys!

yep they do jump up and use the litter tray (but it was cleaning out day :lol:) :D ive tied a small box of hay together, and used it as a step, and when theyve eaten some of it, i replace it with another one. they hardly ever use the hutch to poo now. they just jump up and use the trays :D

and yep, theyre giants :D

Hi, it looks great.
I've heard that foxes can jump 6 foot fence panels (well, half jump, half clamber up them). It looks as if part of the run doesn't have a roof & I think I'd put some wire mesh over that just to be on the safe side.
Lucky buns to have such a nice home!

You probably need to build a triangular frame for the gap and mesh it. I'd dig out under the gate and put a proper threshold in eg a row of bricks, to stop digging underneath too.

Looks good though :D

Back