• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Part of the Hairy Mob's set up :)

Jaypot

Mama Doe
:wave:

Thought I would post some pics of the Hairy Mob's set up so that I can get some feedback on it all :D I'd love to know if I can do any more for them :D

Things are currently changing all the time with different disabilities being looked after :) Some can have dog crates in their pens but others can't due to bad leg problems - however, they can get boxes which I cut low so that they can get in and out :)

John will be up with me in Scootland :D next month and bringing the other eight buns so more things will change :)

As you can see we use loads of vetbed and fleeces and are always on the look out for more:shock: You should see my washing pile of a morning:shock: Red Rum couldn't have jumped it:shock:

Anyway, will be open to any more suggestions and the buns would like some compliments on themselves:rolleyes::lol:

In this room are three pens - one houses Timmy-Tickles, Florence and Chewy - one houses Kracker and Possum and the other one houses Little Bob :)

Newroom3.jpg

Newroom2.jpg

Newroom12.jpg

Newroom11.jpg

Newroom10.jpg

Newroom1.jpg

More of the next room to follow :)

In this room we have Aggie and Bluebelle in one pen, Chloe in another pen, Missy and Hoops in another one and Mr Benn and Elliot in another :D:D

Newroom18.jpg

Newroom16.jpg

Newroom15.jpg

Newroom14.jpg

Newroom13.jpg

Hope you like them :D

Oxo and Libby share a room and have a tris (indoor cage) each - they cannot be bonded as both of them are so disabled that they cannot be neutered :( But they have each others company and share out time as well :) Libby goes into a pen in the hallway for a couple of hours of a morning and then again for about 6 hours of an evening/night :) Oxo comes out to join her in the evenings and they chat through the pen and snuggle up on their pillows:D:D

When John comes up next month Fliss will be sharing their room as well as Tansy :D

Newroom23.jpg

Newroom22.jpg

Newroom21.jpg

Libby in her pen this morning :)

Newroom20.jpg

Newroom19.jpg

Libby and Oxo sharing their out time :lol::lol: They really love one another :)

DSCF0021.jpg

DSCF0020.jpg

DSCF0019.jpg

A paradise for needy Bunnies :D:D

I wont offer you my hard-hat Jay, you dont need it as your set-up looks great !! :lol:

I am working on making mine look less 'Shanty Town-like'.............:roll:

Janex :wave:

I don't mind Shanty Towns at all :lol: As long as buns are happy then that is all the matters :D:D

I find the green panels so useful and easy to move around into different shapes :) Also have runs in the garden for the buns to have supervised play times :)

You will notice that none of the dog crates have their doors on - if they have their own pen then there is no need for the doors to be on and it takes up room just leaving them on ;)

I need more toys and hanging toys for them all - but that will all get sorted out eventually :)

Little Bob is the worst to clean out 'cos he always wants to help:rolleyes::lol:

Meant to add that John is going to do a shelf in the dog crates for those who can use them :) Kracker and Possum can't have one due to Kracker's legs and also Possum gets confused with his eyesight :lol: Timmy, Florence and Chewy can't have one due to Timmy having balance problems and Chewy has intermittent head-tilt so that's a no-go.

If Aggie and Bluebelle get a bit better on their legs then they will get a dog crate and more space as well - but I don't really see them improving that much - but they are very happy re-designing boxes:rolleyes::lol:

What brilliant set ups, thank you for posting there pictures.

Do you keep any bunnies outside or are they all indoors?

Do you have any vacancies Jay??, I want to come and live with you:lol::lol::lol:, it looks fantastic and how do you keep it so tidy?, it's really lovely, and beautiful Florence and Chewy!!

Well done Jay, you do a fantastic job with the bunnies xx

Hi Liz

We have three buns that live in a bunny-house so they are not actually outside :D We have to get two more sheds now and put them together - then we line them and put up curtains:oops: so it's a home from home :)

It's for Jack, Willow and Nemo - they are buns that like to have their own company and are not happy indoors - so we do the next best thing and give them their own house :lol::lol::lol::lol:

They have radios and lights and heaters - so it's actually warm enough to stay in there:oops::lol::lol:

All other buns live in the house - which is hard work but worth it :D Most of our buns have disabilities who need to be watched carefully so inside is the best place for them:D

Keeping it tidy is hard work - each day they all get stripped out - clean vetbeds, towels, beds and fleeces - and all the litter trays are done daily as well - it takes about 4 hours to get everything done:roll::lol: However, the washing is another matter, that takes all day:shock: At the moment I'm on 15 washes a day:shock: but that's 'cos the bigger washing machine is still with John - when that comes up we'll have two on the go so it will cut the time down:D Mind you, there will also be another 8 buns to clean out as well:shock:

Jay are the fence pannels the same ones that are on the rabbitrehome home page?

Yes Sooz, they are the same ones from PWS Greenline and each order has had the "Rabbit" quoted :D:D:D That way everyone benefits:D We have them outside in the garden as well for their daytime runs - and we need more yet:shock:

They are great but I don't use the springs that come with them - I use the cable ties as they are far easier, don't keep falling down and can easily be cut should they need to be:D

15 washes a day?:shock::shock::shock:
I've just been moaning to Phil about having to do 3 in two days :oops::oops:

It looks fabulous and tidy and so comfortable. I wish I was a bunny with a human slave to tidy up for me :)

It's mad isn't it? But they do need cleaning out every day due to the way most of them are. Imagine the electric bill as well:shock: and the amount of washing powder I go through:shock:

They love their routine though and considering Libby, Chloe, Mr Benn and Elliot and Missy and Hoops only came here last week they have really settled in :D:D

Fantastic, its a lovely setup and so organised.

You do a fantastic job Jay well done:wave::wave::wave:

I don't know about it being organised:lol: but I do have more things to sort out :) I have carriers in every room as well incase of emergencies:oops: If a fire started at least I could get the buns out:D

I am waiting to get some more food buckets as well - and I need to get some more sprays for cleaning out - oh, and some more dustpans and brushes:oops::oops::oops:

Hi Alison

Yep, that's our Chloe :D That pink thing is a furry boot:oops: She loves it 'cos she can go in and out of it in the holes:lol::lol: I've got to try and find another couple of them :roll::lol:.

I am hoping that Chloe may eventually bond with Little Bob - who is not so little anymore:shock: - but if not then I know that she is happy just being surrounded by buns. Everybun that we have tried her with she's battered them:shock::oops::lol: I think she's a bit of a mummy's girl:lol:

Back