• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poor Rosie :'(

*Spider*

Wise Old Thumper
Today i went up to my stables , when i saw that Rosie was really really poorly.
I mucked out all the stables (before realising) and then went to put the two ponies in the big field when Ro didn't move. I went over to see what was wrong and she could barely walk away, she straightened her leg and wouldn't put any weight on it. I was petrified, i managed to get H's head collar on her and bring her into her stable, and then i felt the leg, she huffed and puffed and tossed her head, i panicked like crazy! I thought she'd torn a ligament, or worse broken her leg! So i called out Cathy but she wasn't home. I had to leave her there! I left a frantic message on C's phone to come down as soon as possible. I was so emotional i cried like an idiot :rolls:
When i got home Cathy had called me. Rosie has an abcess inside her hoof and it will need drilling out. I was so so so releived.
Tomorrow me and Cathy are going to dig it out. The farrier was being a :censored:, and said he was on holiday when really he should have come straight down!!
She's on equipalizone and is having her hoof drilled tomorrow and the farrier the vet & farrier the week after.
Vibes for my gorgeous Rosie please :)

Last edited:
Ro.jpg

Rosie :D
Get better soon angel :love:

Oucheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee !!! :shock: :cry:

I bet Rosie will feel much better once the abscess has been drained out.
Sending vibes for her, she is so pretty !! :love:

Janex

I can hear her naying from her stable!!!
(I cant really, she's a 5 min walk)
She's so puuuurdy :love: and can be a right madam but to see her like that broke my heart, i thought she'd broken something and needed to be PTS.
So glad she's okay though and it can be sorted, nearly had a heart attack.
Thanks for vibes :thumb:

Cirrus is just getting over an abscess in her hoof, but she's on the road to recovery. Its horrible when they look so sore, and suddenly an animal which moves so effortlessly is so ungainly.

She's only a shetland.
She has been pottery for a few weeks hence being in the small paddock and then seeing her like that just made me so upset :cry:
Will update you all tomorrow about Ro.
ow did you get rid of the abcess? How long has it taken to heal?

Last edited:
An update for Rosie.
Yesterday Cathy and I dressed the abcess and she is still hoplimping
Tomorrow the vet is coming to drill into the abcess and she's isn't any more sounds :(

Another Update!!

The vet came yesterday and drilled a HUGE hole in her foot, she was in so much pain, i didnt see it but when i saw it dressed there was blood seeping out the bandage and out of her neck where she had a pain releif jab
She's on the mend :) :thumb: vibes worked guys!! Cheers!
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:

Last edited:
Back