• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Advice needed !!

Milo+Fizz

Mama Doe
Sorry about another bonding thread but ive searched and cant find anyone with the same situation as me.Here goes,,, I have 2 bunnies(m+f, both neutered) which live together in a large shed with a new run (aviary) about to be bulit that is 9ft by 6ft. I recently took on an unwanted male bun who i would like to try and bond with my pair. This is where im at a loss.... i dont really like the idea of an "odd" bun so would prefer a group of 4 to a trio so hope to bond a new bun with he 3 i currently have. Does this sound posible and if so what sex would be best to add? Also should i bond the 3 i have first and see how it goes or just go straight for a four? Im not sure if this even makes sense but if you can work it out please help. Honest answers please.

And as a final word i would like to add i am willing to have 2 groups should it all go wrong.

Last edited:
Thankyou hun i appericiate your help. I was hoping that would be the case because their area will be new to all of them then. Another question then , what rescues in west midlands area will allow adoption for group bonding and also allow children under 5 to ive at the same address as a few ive tryed in the past wont allow small children which i totaly understand given the common "children got bored" situation. However i am not getting them as childrens pets :D

Last edited:
I had 2 bonded boys (brothers) and then got them 2 bonded girls (sisters), and bonded all 4 together in one go. Then after 2 weeks the 2 sisters fell out :shock: and won't tolerate each other, so now I have a very happy and loved up trio, and 1 sister separated on her own. She is however, having a date on Saturday with a new boy named Will(ow)!

Thankyou hun i appericiate your help. I was hoping that would be the case because their area will be new to all of them then. Another question then , what rescues in west midlands area will allow adoption for group bonding and also allow children under 5 to ive at the same address as a few ive tryed in the past wont allow small children which i totaly understand given the common "children got bored" situation. However i am not getting them as childrens pets :D

It may be worht looking on rabbit rehome to find a rescue in your area and then ring round or you could ask at your vets if they know of anywhere. Good luck!

I would get a girl so that if the group does not work out you "should" have an easier time bonding into two mixed sex pairs instead.

We do :D and we're happy to help with the bonding as well.

I would say girl too. As for the rescues phone them and tell them you have children under 5 straight. I have 2 boys 3 and 5 and they have never been a problem when rescuing pets from rescusing but I think thats probaly because mine have grown up with animals As I foster alot so they are pretty grown up for there age when it comes to handling etc. I always take my boys with me when going to get an animal so the rescue can see for thereself how my two are. good luck hope you find the perfect bun soon:D

We do :D and we're happy to help with the bonding as well.

Oh brilliant! that would be great. Ive only just noticed where you are from.:oops: Thankyou for everyones advice. I will go for a girl and if all fails then I can hope for two pairs which is fine. :D

I would say girl too. As for the rescues phone them and tell them you have children under 5 straight. I have 2 boys 3 and 5 and they have never been a problem when rescuing pets from rescusing but I think thats probaly because mine have grown up with animals As I foster alot so they are pretty grown up for there age when it comes to handling etc. I always take my boys with me when going to get an animal so the rescue can see for thereself how my two are. good luck hope you find the perfect bun soon:D

Mine have also grown up with animals and im really proud of my daughter and her love for animals. When i saw the advert for Roo i feel in love with the poor little man so i went to tell my Ellie (4) we would be getting a new rabbit and she burst in to tears. I asked her what was wrong to which she replied that she loved Milo and Fizz so much and would miss them if we got a new one as she thought I ment it was a replacement not an extra. I was so proud of her! She is also mad about her pony and will come down the horses rain or shine to see her.

Back