• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A little advice before the bonding begins...Pleasee!!

Sparkle x

Wise Old Thumper
Hi, i have two weeks off work starting tomorrow and were due to move into our new house next week, in which i am going to try and bond Lopsy and Bo - soooo scared though!

So far i have put Bo's hutch in Lopsy's shed, I have swapped toys about and allowed Bo to run around the floor of the shed when lopsy is in the garden. Lopsy has her food next to Bo's hutch. They have been in each others carriers and seem okay.

Is there anything else i could do before they meet?
Also Lopsy has been in Bo's hutch whilst Bo was out for a run!

When i introduce them should i buy a new water bottle, feed bowl, toys and litter tray?

What should i provide when introducing them? And do i give them food straight away?!

Thanks....xx

Wow - good for you on the preparation front!! Do you have runs where you can put them next to each other, equal space and neutral territory? I found this worked very very well with Nush & Bungle. I left them next to each other for a week and left the trays too (it was inside though) so they could really get to know each others smells.

Other than that it sounds like you have done great and the new house and surroundings should really help. Just keep the into area small and gradually get bigger. With regard to food, some hay and a few scattered pellets are a good distraction, and eating is usually a social activity which helps to bond - that reminds me, when I had Nush & Bungle next to each other i fed them in the same place either side of the bars too.

Good Luck X

Wow - good for you on the preparation front!! Do you have runs where you can put them next to each other, equal space and neutral territory? I found this worked very very well with Nush & Bungle. I left them next to each other for a week and left the trays too (it was inside though) so they could really get to know each others smells.

Other than that it sounds like you have done great and the new house and surroundings should really help. Just keep the into area small and gradually get bigger. With regard to food, some hay and a few scattered pellets are a good distraction, and eating is usually a social activity which helps to bond - that reminds me, when I had Nush & Bungle next to each other i fed them in the same place either side of the bars too.

Good Luck X

I have a 10ft run which is separated down the middle by mesh so they go in either side. They can sniff each other that way. I also feed them next to each other aswell already.

Sounds like they should be okay! FINGERS CROSSED!
THANKS FOR REPLYING :D:wave:

Back