• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Neutering for £15

Foxy&Fudge

New Kit
Dear All,

Just something that i thought was really good....;)

I'm a new rabbit owner.. i have had my little Tyler for about 1 months and he is such a cutie.. hes an albino x lop...

I have heard of a really good Vets who neuter rabbits for £15 ...

Address and contact number are as follows:

Animal Ark Veterinary Centre
54 Goodmayes Avenue
Goodmayes
Essex
IG3 8TW
020 8599 8544
They are also very lovely and kind...

Highly reccommended.

You probably know about it already... but just wanted to pass the info on....

this sounds extraudinarily cheap is there a reason they do it for this? are they definatly rabbit savvy and is it definatly for rabbits?

YES of course its for rabbits... they are great im telling you... i went down to book my tyler in... they are really nice...

Many of my mates have had their buns neutered there and they say the service and after care is excellent.

They just dont rip us off thats all...

Tyler is due for his op on 1st May... so i will let you know how everything goes....

Are they taking part in a discount neutering scheme in partnership with the RSPCA or similar?

GA is extraordinarily expensive and makes up most of the neutering cost, then you have time, material costs, wages and profit margins to consider.... £15 sounds too good to be true?

YES of course its for rabbits... they are great im telling you... i went down to book my tyler in... they are really nice...

Many of my mates have had their buns neutered there and they say the service and after care is excellent.

They just dont rip us off thats all...

Tyler is due for his op on 1st May... so i will let you know how everything goes....

What advice did they give you for before the operation?

I booked the appointment this morning and they said they will send me a pack in the post.... so i will see what that says....

I dont know about any partnership...

No offence but that seems really,really cheap.Are they doing it for chartity or something?We don't mean to sound like we are getting on at you but that is a helluva little amount of money.I've heard of humans going for the cheaper plastic surgery option and it goes wrong.Just be careful for your buns sake.

it's animal pet's month and they are doing a doggy olympic on the 26 April,i think it is,where they will microchip your dog for £10. Could be something to do with this that they are neutering so cheaply,as a special thing. I just looked at their website.

Just check that the price includes everything, as that price may be for the nuetring alone and not include the cost of gut stimulants, painkillers etc..and don't forget the VAT

They are just good people and like i said all you lot who are getting your buns neutered for 60 odd quid are wasting you £££ and getting ripped off big time.

Animal Ark provide the exact same service as you will receive at you top vets...! and just make it more affordable for us.

No need to 'dis' it if you dont know about it...

Foxy&Fudge people aren't dissing you,just concerned and trying to give you a bit of advice.As you said you are new to rabbits and people are only telling you what their experiences are.Please don't be so defensive when people are only trying to help.All the best.

Well I have to just say that although vets do charge quite a lot for their services, you have to understand that they have a whole team of staff who need to be paid, not just the people you see when you book your animal in.

I think that your vet must be doing this as a loss leader or something because I just don't know how they could afford to do it for £15 otherwise.

There will be atleast two staff present, the vet and a nurse/maybe two. Okay it doesn't take all that long, but your are paying for their time, the meds, the oxygen, the anaesthetic, cleaning, after the op, post op care and food following, and normally a post op check (included in the price) the next day.

Just don't see it, unless it's a charity, training centre or has a deal going with someone like the Blue Cross or RSPCA.

Great for you though if you are going on your past experience and recommendation.

A spay at our vets is £68.00.

Ive just paid £56.60 for my rabbit spayed and then after the emergency treatment cost me £110.10. Included in the £110.10 was a consulation fee of £61.10 - i must of spoke to the vet for no longer than 5mins!!!!!

I'd look more into it if i was you :D

They are just good people and like i said all you lot who are getting your buns neutered for 60 odd quid are wasting you £££ and getting ripped off big time.

Animal Ark provide the exact same service as you will receive at you top vets...! and just make it more affordable for us.

No need to 'dis' it if you dont know about it...

I know exactly where my £40 goes because my bill is broken down into GA, Metaclopromide, Baytril and Vetergesic.

I know it pays my vets wages, the vet nurses wages, the rent and the materials costs.

I know the 'profit' is put back into training and education including my vet attending some Rabbit Care lectures a week ago.

I also know that I am getting a discount normally reserved for staff on my fee's.

So all in all I dont consider myself to be getting ripped off at £40 for a castration. ;)

Just be careful, there are plenty of vets about who like to think they know about rabbits..... and then you hear they told someone to fast a bunny before a GA :roll:

Foxy&Fudge - There's no need to be rude or judgemental. We just feel that at that price, there can't be something right. As you are new to rabbits, we're just saying about our experience. My two rabbits were spayed at £95 each and I'm happy with the price and the treatment that my bunnies were given. £15 is either wrong or too good to be true.

agree as said before maybe it is a special offer. i hope that they do a great service for your bun doras spey is going to cost us 90 quid. yes its a lot but i know they not going to try and fast her or try and charge me extras after so i am happy with that.

My vets are going to charge £42 for a castration which I don't think is bad at all.....good luck to you if you can get it done for £15 though!!

Back