• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Oh dear - what is she doing?

Sandra

Warren Scout
This morning I woke up by Mús (female rex, unspayed, 1 year) digging like mental in her cage in the bathroom. She is a rescue we got three weeks ago. I went to look at her and she is carrying around loads of hay in her mouth, goes to the corner and starts digging like crazy, without letting go of the hay.:shock: I tried to feed her some pellets which she tried to eat, with the hay in her mouth which obviously didnt work. Besides that she is collecting all the hay in the cage, jumps around and stomps. Is this nesting??? She hasn't been near a male! Could it be a phantom pregnancy or is it just normal unspayed female behaviour? We have another rescue bun, a baby girl, also in a cage in the bathroom.

Please help! Thanks:wave:

mushay2.jpg

mushay.jpg

Awww shes a cutie, it looks like shes ready to start nesting yes lol.

My bun has always had her own hutch I wonder if are there any implications for another bunny being in the hutch with the one that is nesting :?

Ahh... thanks! :) Anything I can do to help her? Isn't phantom pregnancies very stressful for the bun?

I had her booked in for a spay tomorrow but her stomach has been a bit upset and loose the last days so I decided to wait until she was ok...

Yes she is a cutie:D And it turned out that she is the sister of my rex girl Mýsla:love:

Well, I keep them in two seperate cages but they can see each other - should I change that? And is it still ok to let her out for her run etc.?

:wave:

I don't think another bunny in the area makes a difference. And yes still let her out, but it is possible she maybe slightly harder to handle while she is so hormonal

:wave:

Back