• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Thank you

JacknJess

Young Bun
Thank you to everyone who replied to my thread regarding Jessica with her behavioural problems:

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=122126

Both Jessia and Jynx had their operations today and I've just spoken with my vet and both are in recovery and doing just fine.

I'm very relieved, particularly about Jynx as I was concerned about him going through the op only being 14 weeks old, but other than being scared and running to the corner when the vet goes to him, he's fine.

I'm picking them both up later this afternoon and I have the rest of the week off to care for them, particularly Jessica.

I hope this will put an end to her issues and peace and harmony will be restored in my home :0)

Thanks again for all the great advice I was given.

Lindsey
:0)

:wave: Hi sorry I didnt post on your original thread, but sending lots of vibes for quick recoveries for Jack and Jess x x x

Thank you for your replies :)

Neither of them ate anything at the vet after the op, but Jynx ate as soon as he got home and was in his element with Jack grooming him.

Jessica was a different story though, she just sat in the corner of her hutch bunched up like a furry football and grinding her teeth and wouldn't even be temped by her favourite choccy drops.

I put a towel on top of my bed and took her with me when I went to bed. She took herself out of the football shape and cuddled up to me on top of the bed and she remained there all night. I was like a new mother because whenever she moved during the night I'd be instantly awake making sure she was OK - normally a bomb couldn't wake me up :lol:

I woke up this morning to her licking my arm (cute) and her eyes were wide and alert. I took her back to her hutch, she wouldn't eat any of her normal food but she took some choccy buttons from me, which I was pleased about, even if it isn't particularly nutritious!

If the tips of their ears are cold, does this mean anything other than cold ears? Hers were freezing last night, but gradually warmed up with me massaging them.

Back