• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Where to buy hay?

mystic.kitty

Mama Doe
I feed my bunnies on Burgess Excel supa forgage at the moment and they love it, can't get enough of the stuff, but you can only get it in small packs from P@H, which is costing me a small fortune (which I don't begrudge as they do love it so much)

But I was wondering if anyone know of an online place to buy either this hay in bigger quantities or an equivalent. If its an equivalent what kind of hay do I buy as I know it comes in different type.

Many thanks

Last edited:
:):wave:hi

used to use www.thehayexperts.com all the time for all hay but i have just discovered a local farm shop who sell meadow hay for £1 a huge bag its all green long strands and smells beautiful.

have you got a local farm shop?

No, we live pretty much in the city, I don't know of a local farm for buying hay from - shame as thats an excellent idea.

Now I don't mean to ask stupid questions, but how big are the bales, are they the normal bales you see on farms??

Hi, we use www.dustfreehay.co.uk and the buns love it. We get 10 bales for £40 and there is no wastage, delivery is quick too. I like the fact that the hay is quite stalky - good for the buns teeth:)

I've looked at that site before for hay but I get confused with the sizes and the types of hay. How long do you think 10 of their bales would last 4 bunnies? I currently buy a normal sized bale from a farm shop and that lasts them a month.

No, we live pretty much in the city, I don't know of a local farm for buying hay from - shame as thats an excellent idea.

Now I don't mean to ask stupid questions, but how big are the bales, are they the normal bales you see on farms??

mine was just short of a megazorb bag:)

I've looked at that site before for hay but I get confused with the sizes and the types of hay. How long do you think 10 of their bales would last 4 bunnies? I currently buy a normal sized bale from a farm shop and that lasts them a month.

I would say a 2kg bag from Dustfree would be the equivelant to about 2 slices of a normal hay bale? its erally well packed into the bags/boxes. I went about a month ago maybe and have prob used jsut over a bag by now and thats for 2 buns

Helen x

Back