• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

opinions on pictures from my new camera =)

Crystal butterfly

Warren Veteran
well after a drunken night out i broke my last camera by dropping it on the floor then poking my finger into the lense trying to fix it (i actually made it worse :oops:) so after 2 weeks of not having a camera (it was hard believe me!) i ent out and bought a new one today for £100 that was my limit :) took a few pictures and wondered what yous think of the picture quality :) be honest in my opinion im unsure.

pictures of my mums cat Teddy i was at hers when i took these pictures obviously

P1000006.jpg

P1000012.jpg

P1000021.jpg

my mums living room door was testing out the zoom :oops:

before zoom

P1000023.jpg

Zoomed all the way in

P1000022.jpg

and a picture of Crystal and Misty just because their cute!

P1000026.jpg

xx

i like the camera and the pictures it takes but if im honest the Flash is poop but the Zoom is good in my opinion... i cant help but miss my old camera though.

They look good quality. What make is it? Its not grainy when you zoom in and it appears to pick up detail nicely. Perhaps you just need to get use to it. Does it have many settings? You can use Macro for those close detailed shots.

edit:
Beautiful cat by the way and gorgous bunnies too :D

its a Panasonic DMC-FX12 yeah i am quite happy with the zoom quality my old camera used to go all blurry when zoomed in. the camera has loads of settings but i dont actually understand them yet :oops: i think if anything its the flash thats got me abit :? as i will want to use it on nights out as well so not sure how the pictures are going to turn out in a dark club :?

its a Panasonic DMC-FX12 yeah i am quite happy with the zoom quality my old camera used to go all blurry when zoomed in. the camera has loads of settings but i dont actually understand them yet :oops: i think if anything its the flash thats got me abit :? as i will want to use it on nights out as well so not sure how the pictures are going to turn out in a dark club :?

If you're trying to take pictures of people 10 metres away forget it, even my camera won't do that but full length people shots and head and shoulders shots shouldn't be a problem.

Neil

Panasonic cameras are the best in my opinion but mainly because I have got a Panasonic DMC-FZ20. I've had it for 4 years now and it still takes great photos. Before that I tried a Canon and a Sony but they both seemed to have a time delay before taking the photo and as I use mine for wildlife shots they were no good.

Panasonics are very setting rich so I definately reckon its just a case of getting use to it. Not sure about the flash though, mine has a pop up flash which is really powerful but then my camera is bulky too so its swings and roundabouts.

:)

I looked up this model of camera to see the spec. Here's a review: http://www.ukdigitalcamerareviews.co.uk/panasonic_lumix_dmc-fx12_reviews.htm

First, you can change the light sensitivity setting. If you are going clubbing or want to take shots in low light you can crank up the ISO as high as 1250. This will greatly increase your ability to take shots in poor light, but is likely to lead to some "noise" in the image (speckling visible on areas of the same colour). On the other hand, if you use this setting and flash, you will greatly increase the flash range. For ordinary daylight shooting you should set it at 100 or 200 to minimise noise. The settings available to you are 100/200/400/800/1250 (and an auto setting) where 200 is twice as sensitive as 100, 400 is twice as sensitive as 200 etc, so 1250 is 3.5 "stops" more sensitive than 100. Your user manual will tell you how to change the ISO setting. I see it also has a "party" setting which may do all of this automatically for you.

The reason your shots aren't so blurry is that the camera includes a "vibration reduction" system. In the review it says:

"The Panasonic FX12 has 7.2 effective megapixels and a MEGA Optical Image Stabiliser (OIS) which compensates for handshake blurring by detecting any movement and then moving the lens to compensate, thus producing clear images without any deterioration in quality. The Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX12 also compensates for blurring caused by the subject moving, particularly useful when taking photos of children or sports. The camera can detect the movement and will raise the ISO setting and the shutter speed automatically, resulting in good quality prints."

This means you should be able to get decent shots when ratted and wobbly at a club or party and some good bunny action shots of the mid-binky variety.

However it's your third shot, the cat on the windowsill, which is interesting. It shows that the metering is good enough to give a decent exposure of the fur despite the cat being backlit. Not so long ago compact camera metering would have given you only the silhouette of the cat and a nice shot of the street. You could use a bit of fill-in flash to put catchlights in the cat's eyes and a bit more light into its face but it's a decent shot without.

Do read the manual though. If you end up with the camera on the wrong settings your shots may not come out as you expect.

The fx-12 is a fantastic buy for the money, I have bought my mum one for her birthday for £89 i might get one myself:D. The pictures look great:D

are misty is very cute do you want to be my friend cause i have a cute rabbit to. just to let you know i am called Ashley and i am 10:wave::D:lol:

I looked up this model of camera to see the spec. Here's a review: http://www.ukdigitalcamerareviews.co.uk/panasonic_lumix_dmc-fx12_reviews.htm

First, you can change the light sensitivity setting. If you are going clubbing or want to take shots in low light you can crank up the ISO as high as 1250. This will greatly increase your ability to take shots in poor light, but is likely to lead to some "noise" in the image (speckling visible on areas of the same colour). On the other hand, if you use this setting and flash, you will greatly increase the flash range. For ordinary daylight shooting you should set it at 100 or 200 to minimise noise. The settings available to you are 100/200/400/800/1250 (and an auto setting) where 200 is twice as sensitive as 100, 400 is twice as sensitive as 200 etc, so 1250 is 3.5 "stops" more sensitive than 100. Your user manual will tell you how to change the ISO setting. I see it also has a "party" setting which may do all of this automatically for you.

The reason your shots aren't so blurry is that the camera includes a "vibration reduction" system. In the review it says:

"The Panasonic FX12 has 7.2 effective megapixels and a MEGA Optical Image Stabiliser (OIS) which compensates for handshake blurring by detecting any movement and then moving the lens to compensate, thus producing clear images without any deterioration in quality. The Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX12 also compensates for blurring caused by the subject moving, particularly useful when taking photos of children or sports. The camera can detect the movement and will raise the ISO setting and the shutter speed automatically, resulting in good quality prints."

This means you should be able to get decent shots when ratted and wobbly at a club or party and some good bunny action shots of the mid-binky variety.

However it's your third shot, the cat on the windowsill, which is interesting. It shows that the metering is good enough to give a decent exposure of the fur despite the cat being backlit. Not so long ago compact camera metering would have given you only the silhouette of the cat and a nice shot of the street. You could use a bit of fill-in flash to put catchlights in the cat's eyes and a bit more light into its face but it's a decent shot without.

Do read the manual though. If you end up with the camera on the wrong settings your shots may not come out as you expect.

thanks for that info i ill deffinatly read the manual just wish i had thought about that before i took pictures of Binky and the Guinea Pigs :oops:

xx

Back