• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Allen and Page Pellets

What size bag of Allen and Page would you like to be able to buy

• 10kg

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • 5kg

Votes: 10 38.5%
  • 2.5kg

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 2 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

holidayhutch

Warren Veteran
If there was an option of being able to buy Allen and Page in smaller bags other than the 20kg sacks would you buy it and if so what size sack would you prefer and how much would you expect to pay

Any - I can't find anyone who will stock it for me locally, or an internet company which will ship it to me at a reasonable cost :cry:

I have two buns, who eat a small cupful of pellets per day between them, so probably a 5 or 10 kg bag; how long do they last once opened?

Its not usually available in petshops, you need to try a horse feed supplier as A & P are mainly horse feed producers.

Its not usually available in petshops, you need to try a horse feed supplier as A & P are mainly horse feed producers.

Yup, I've tried them - no-one, though :( I even asked A & P for details of local stockists, and confused some poor chap when I called him as he has never stocked A & P products! :lol:

Thank you for your offer HH - I'll keep trying ;)

Yup, I've tried them - no-one, though :( I even asked A & P for details of local stockists, and confused some poor chap when I called him as he has never stocked A & P products! :lol:

Thank you for your offer HH - I'll keep trying ;)

This probably sounds really daft... Have you tried calling it it's full name on the phone. I've found some of them don't twig and it's only when they remember reading the name on the bag that they get it.

We tried phoning our old supplier and they said they didn't do A&P a couple weeks later we went in for some megazorb and there was a bag sitting there. They were like, 'oh, that A&P'

I'd def go for any of those - 10, 5 or even the 2.5. I know the other small animal feeds are now available in 5kg.... so is this a hint?! ;)

I even asked A & P for details of local stockists, and confused some poor chap when I called him as he has never stocked A & P products! :lol:

This happened to me too! :lol: I'm very lucky that there's a local pet warehouse that will deliver to me for 50p!

I am quite happy to send some of mine to someone for just the cost of postage, as I never get through a whole bag before it goes off.

cob-web.. what area are you in? Maybe someone would share with you.. or have you already posted to ask?

Id prefer a 4 - 5kg bag. I currently share a 20kg sack so get 10kg and i dont even get through half of it in the time its supposed to be used by :? However 10kg of A&P currently costs me under £4 so at moment its still cheaper to have it anyway even if i dont use it all ;)

This happened to me too! :lol: I'm very lucky that there's a local pet warehouse that will deliver to me for 50p!

I am quite happy to send some of mine to someone for just the cost of postage, as I never get through a whole bag before it goes off.

Could you send me a sample so I can see if my fluffs like it? where abouts in devon are you?

The reason I asked is because we are looking at stocking it in smaller sizes and obviously want to make sure we provide what people want. The downside is postage costage costs on it, so looking into a cheaper option for that at the moment. If anyone local to us wants any though please feel free to let me know as happy to share a sack

Well I'd probably want either 5kg or 10kg or somewhere in between. I'd be prepared to pay up to £10 inc postage for a 10kg bag. Simply because you can get 20kg inc postage for just over £12.

Back