• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

For anyone who uses VetUK own brand rabbit pellets - they have been discontinued...

On paper they look good. I am always cautious of brands I haven't heard of, and they only have one rabbit food which also makes me cautious, but to be fair there, the "forage" part of the ingredients should be enough to think why bother with alternatives! The price is good and carriage charge doesn't break the banks

Please feed back if you do try them. .. quite tempted to try myself. One big plus with VetUK is the speed of delivery. Sadly it took about 2 years to train the DPD driver to actually put the boxes in the shed rather than dump them on the drive.. all that hard work training him wasted!!

The Blue Barn pellets arrived today. The clue was the fact that it was 20kg sack - ie that they are the very dense pellets (the 'normal' ones seem to come in a maximum of 10kg sacks).

They have a manufacturers name on from Sheffield (will add properly later when I'm not supposed to be working).

So they are basically A&P pellets. This includes the short shelf life of about 12 weeks. I will mix them with the others but I am expecting them to get spat out.

I managed to get to Jolleyes and get a bag of SS, my plan is to get a few more as I am having great trouble getting the Country Values Fruity 10kg, despite many trips to the Range and Westcumberland Farm shop, where I have managed to get it in the last few weeks.

Life was so easy just spending 30 seconds every few weeks ordering from VetUK ... who still haven't updated their website and customers are thinking it is just out of stock.

Some of the VetUK own brand dog food is going out of stock now as well.

I wonder if the supplier has gone under? The rabbit pellets were really cheap so maybe they just didn't have enough profit margin? I would rather the price have gone up than not available.

I am currently having so much trouble getting the best option of Country Value nuggets locally that I'm trying to get Blue Barn to get me a supply of one a week.

I suppose the cheap pet foods are no longer ecoomical to produce due to the cost of energy, and some ingredients will be affected by Russia (cereals) and avian flu (chicken).

Supply and demand though?

It is worth making if people want to buy it. 'Cheap' may increase in price but so does the high end product, so the cheap product at a higher price is still the preferable alternative. In times of cost if living escalations, I would expect the cheaper products to appeal to a higher percentage of the population

Back