• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

toys and objets you have in your hutch/run

jackiestone

Warren Veteran
what can i put in the hutch/run to make it more interesting for my buns?I have thought maybe a childs plastic chair for them to sit on???:shock:Hubby says i am bunny mad x

Jackie

haha thats funny! Give them things to chew on, toilet rolls, willow balls, loafer balls things they can push around and chew.

I have loofah balls,pine cones, various bought chew toys, all manner of cardboard packaging stuffed with hay, jam jar lids to fling, a jingly ball, a tupperware box also for flinging, a tunnel made of cardboard, a big crackly paper bag, a big box full of shredded paper to hide in, a football to push about, a flowerpot with grass growing in it for grazing, a cushion, a plastic mug cos sorrel loves to fling mugs around (pref full ones though!:shock:) and a bunch of other stuff which I'll remember when I get home. I had some time off work and went a bit mad devising bunny toys :roll:

I also wrap their veg in twist of paper cos it entertains them trying to extract it. and she only has plastic things when i'm there in case she starts eating them. i rotate all these toys each day so she has different things to see and be interested in. :)

Oh and a big untreated willow basket from wilkinsons to sit in or chew. :)

Last edited:
Mine started with a child size chair, but now have a full size one as it stays put when they jumps onto it and they like to sit under it too.

They also have a step/stool from Wilkinsons £1.99 which they jump on and crawl under like a tunnel.

I have this fabulous little jingle ball i bought at petsmart. It is simply a plastic ball with holes of different shapes all over it. On the inside is a jingle ball that cant fall out. My girls love to toss it around and play "catch" with it.

I also put plush toys in with them, look for something without little eyes or things that can be chewed off easily. If you can find a simple plush ball, this is the best.

Are your bunnies "home makers"?? One of my little girls loves to move things around and arrange stuff. So I have a little wooden house that they use as a den, and I will fill it to the top with loose hay and let her pull it out and put it back in and pat it down to her satisfaction.

ive got willow balls and a hay and hide tunnel which they love! also have got a gnaw stone and a big bit of apple branch which they are stripping ( they get through a branch every 10 days or so!)

Mine have plastic tunnels, cardboard boxes, willow balls, hanging parrot toys (wooden), those wooden bendy bridges, plastic bucket thing to jump and hide in... ummm countless other things.

I try and alternate different things rather than giving them all at the same as I find they get bored of them quick that way and I run out of ideas of things to get them! :roll::lol:

Mine have too many I think- LOL:D

They have a long tunnel that they love to sleep in from Pets at Home
Loads of chew toys, ie. a jingle bell, soft ball, teddy bear, small football...ect.

Also they have a cardboard box, with a towel in it, they like to sleep in there, also I have a cardboard house on its way- from www.cardboardguy.co.uk:shock:

None of mine are interested in toys of any kind:roll: I bought one of those carrot trees from P@H back in October and it's still intact apart from one "carrot" which was pulled off and lay in a corner for weeks until I chucked it out!. They aren't even interested in tearing up Yellow Pages. They spend all day sitting together, sleeping, or grazing.

oh my rabbits also have a hay house thingy... not sure what its called!! But i got them a large one, they can sit in it and its made of hay so have lots of fun, digging in it and chewing it :D

Mine have a wicker chair which is now mostly destroyed. Various wooden toys, a tunnel. Shelves, hay for digging and cardboard boxes.

what else ive been doing recently is cutting a little hole ina willow ball with wire cutters and stuffing it with hay and bits of veg, it amuses them for hours trying to dismantle it. :)

Back