• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Show

No I'd never take any of mine to a show, my buns get very stressed going to the vets for a quick check :( out the house 20 mins..

No, definatley not!

My rabbit henry is a pedigree Chocolate Silver fox and the family he came from showed all their rabbits but when he was born the got rid of him to a pet shop because he has ONE little white piece of fur out of pattern behind his ear and is therefore not 'show material'.

I dont usually buy rabbits from pet shops but it was closing for the easter break and i didnt want to leave him there over easter. He is the most silliest and tamest rabbits ever.

I totally disagree with the whole beauty pagaent idea, Its bad enough in adults when they have a choice, let alone Animals

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and I dont need anyone to tell me my rabbits are beautiful, I can see it for myself. ;)

i think alvin is a mongrel of the rabbit world.... i dont think hed get thro the doors :lol: :lol: :lol:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and I dont need anyone to tell me my rabbits are beautiful, I can see it for myself. ;)

Very well said! :thumb:

I dislike all animal shows of any kind. I hate the unnatural positions they make the animals take....

.... this is a quote from a site explaining how to position a holland lop for showing:

Holland Lops are uniquely posed; they are supposed to be sitting up, resting lightly on their front feet, not mashed down on the ground, - practice posing Hollands by either grasping the head, or putting your finger under their chin, and gently lift up to 'tip' them back so their weight is on their hindquarters - this will put them into a 'sitting up' position.

Personally I find it absurd :?

Very well said! :thumb:

I dislike all animal shows of any kind. I hate the unnatural positions they make the animals take....

.... this is a quote from a site explaining how to position a holland lop for showing:

Personally I find it absurd :?

I would most certainly get bitten by two of my rabbits if I tried to do that to them !

Im only allowed to touch their chins to tickle them.

I don't agree with showing rabbits at all. I've been to have a look around a small scale rabbit show and the treatment of them is appauling.

All my buns are cross breed and I love them

I show mine!!!:D
and as for the mongral rabbits they can also be shown just so you know in the pet class they would be judged on cleaniness and friendliness.
i put ALOT of work in to keeping my rabbits clean and friendly and try to encourage the natrual position of mine when showing i will say clean feet go a heck of along way Duke has always had judges comment on how clean and white the bottom of his feet are:lol::lol:

ive taken thumper to our yearly show which is run by the local vet n everything is perfect.pens r nice n roomy r theres fans blowing so it doesnt get too hot.thumper came second last year.x

I'm going to a show in a few weeks, without the bunnies though. Don't think they would like it, and I wouldn't either considering the risk of bunny catching an illness. But I think it's fun to have a look at all the different breeds, colours, sizes etc :D

I will be going to the bradford small animal show at the end of the month, I wont be taking any pets with me, although I have taken my rats to a local rat show before, they spent the day on my sholder or stealing nibbles from the table, they loved all the attention (I did not show them though as they are old pet shop mongrals) Rats are a different animal all together though, much more like dogs. I dont think I would take either of my buns, one is too shy and one is too naughty!

No, I think it promotoes the wrong attitude towards animals. Also my rabbits don't like journeys or new unfamiliar experiences so it would stress them out. Not to mention that one is a mongrel and one has a deformed foot so they'd be denied entry I think! :lol:

havent shown mine but have been to a show. i personally have no problems with people showing their buns, just like i have no problem any animal being shown. having been to crufts this year the dogs relished in the experience even when not in the ring they were still performing and strutting about like they owned the place :lol: when i went to the bunny show conditions were fine there were people every few cages making sure the public behaved themselves :lol: no bunnies were stressed out they were all just chilling in their cages. the buns i watched being judged didnt look stressed either they were just doing their thing :D

I wouldn't show a rabbit, since they have to be intact and I wouldn't be able to work the sep ups needed. But I have been to the Bradford show and really enjoyed it. I found no problems with the conditions.

ive taken thumper to our yearly show which is run by the local vet n everything is perfect.pens r nice n roomy r theres fans blowing so it doesnt get too hot.thumper came second last year.x

Is that betley cause i think i saw thumper and the cages were really small and there were no fans then its always hot in there and all the rabbits are right next to eachother

Back