• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Is there something wrong?

greengirlie

Young Bun
hi there!:wave:

we (me, boyf and two buns) have arrived home from xmas. we went to boyf's folks house for crimbo.. it is about 3.5 hrs journey... buns were fine on journey there and back! quiet at the new environment but settled in well (took all their stuff with them). have come home and harry is bouncing around glad to be home, dot has been a little quiet but both eating adn drinking... she has drunk a lot since being back (i could hear her belly gurgle with each swallow - gave a bowl of water as well as gravity bottle) she has had some hay and pellets... she has poo'd but it looks like a bunch of grapes.. this happened at xmas at folks house but put down to stress etc but she has done it again and it was more than a few...

is this ok?? im a very paranoid bun mum and want them to be happy. since being homew both have poo'd so am happy that their guts are working... am i worrying too much??:roll:

Sounds to me like she has the starting of a 'furball', she need to eat lots of hay and if you have any fresh pineapple or bromain tablets (you can get them in health food shops), you could try to offer her some.

I would keep an eye on her, if she stops eating you need to get her to a vets. However, if she eats lots of hay and drinks plenty, it will probably right itself in a few days.

Really?? i havent seen any since and was wondering if i was from just the travelling and everything kick starting again...??will def keep an eye! she is still eating and drinking (as normal)... she is a long haired rabbit - angora.. and at the mo is cleaning herself so is acting quite normal..

will keep an eye!! :)

thanks

Really?? i havent seen any since and was wondering if i was from just the travelling and everything kick starting again...??will def keep an eye! she is still eating and drinking (as normal)... she is a long haired rabbit - angora.. and at the mo is cleaning herself so is acting quite normal..

will keep an eye!! :)

thanks

Not a problem, I have a really fluffy rabbit (Smokey) and she is quite prone to getting 'furballs', particularly when she's moulting. If she is eating and drinking OK, she should be fine.

It sounds like she has passed a ceacal pellet which she has chosen not to eat, is it soft, moist and slightly smelly?

yes! it was gross!! there were about 10 all stuck together, it was the first thing she passed since travelling, at the folks house she only did 4-5 stuck together... harry is fine, poo is totally normal...

they are really smelly!!! :lol:

she is eating hay with gusto and both have had a little bit of apple which they love.

im assumin all is fine and it was a post car ride thing...

Dont panic, its totally normal and because of the stress of travelling she probably just didnt feel like eating it. Keep an eye on them but I dont think you have anything to worry about.

Fur build up is usually related to the beginning of stasis and you will see normal hard poops strung together with hairs or if you break them apart see the hair inside. This does not sound like what you have here.

Hey Shells and welcome back to Wales!! :D

I agree that it is the 'special' poos that she is chosing not to eat ... prob the stress of the car journey but mine also chose not to eat them if they have too many pellets/treats or other tasty food that they are more interested in :roll: Can be down to a number of things but they are pretty normal. Usually they eat them straight from the 'source' so you dont see them btu they are 'interesting' lookign things :lol: like a mini bunch of grapes with a bit of a whiffy kick!! you only need to worry if poos are individual and mishapen and irregular sizes or none at all. The fact that Dot is eating her hay and drinkign water is a good thing which she wouldnt if she wasnt well.

I can sometimes hear Charlies tummy gurgle when he drinks, like you can hear teh liquid going down, hasnt really come to much.... ony if gurgling when not eating/drinking or accompanied by sitting hunched over etc...

I know Dot is a fluffy bunny tho so maybe some fresh pineapple chunks would be worth adding to their diet, (Harry grooms Dot too) to help prevent any probs with furballs :D

Back